Impatient!!!

Options
I have lost 17 lbs so far, the 15 came off within the first two weeks. Now it seems like I'm down to losing about a pound a week. I can tell that I'm losing, but I'm ready to see some BIG changes. Anybody else feeling this way??

Replies

• lastchance2010
    lastchance2010 Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Just keep at it girl. maybe change up your routine. if you haven't changed your calorie goals in a while, I can suggest that as well. push yourself a lil more out your comfort zone and it will start to come off. Just gotta fine tune a lil. :D You got this. Be patient and be consistent. Hang in there...it's gon happen!! :flowerforyou:
  • ChcolateLady11
    Options
    I feel the same way, but dont want to drop to fast...slow and steady :-)
  • mizznikki35
    mizznikki35 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I'm just glad to know that I'm not the only one feeling this way. But, I'm grateful for the encouragement on MFP. @Lastchance, I will definitely try to change things up a bit.
  • Papabear0428
    Options
    I was always told that if the weight comes off slowly then it will stay off. I also have some friends who drastically lost weight and they gained it all back PLUS some more! Just keep doing what you're doing and don't get discouraged!
  • mizznikki35
    Options
    Chcolate & Big Papa ya'll are right.... I definitely don't want to gain any of it back... so I'll try to be a little more patient.... :ohwell: :happy:
  • NikkiGetsFit185
    NikkiGetsFit185 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I feel the same way at times, I hit a plateau and seemed like I wasn't losing any pounds, but everybody kept telling me they saw I was slimming down and losing weight. I dont always go by the pounds on the scale even though I have a ways to go, I also measure in inches and how my clothes feel. But i did change up my eating for a week and saw a difference on the scale. So I agree make some changes and see if it helps or not, but it is a lifestyle change that you are making so its not going to happen overnight although i'm sure your like me and wish I could wake up and it would be gone, lol :-) thats wishful thinking for you!!!
  • N0703989
    N0703989 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Ditto ^ Nikki

I'm gutted that its not coming off quicker, but science tells me it will..... eventually
  • thrld
    thrld Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    You put the work in, you keep on going. And now you must wait.
    Waiting can be the hardest part.

at a pound a week:
    By September 1st, you will be 8 lbs lighter.
    By Halloween you will be 16 lbs lighter.
    By New Year's you'll be 25lbs lighter.

But regardless of pounds, if you haven't taken measurements/pictures yet -- do. Sometimes a picture is all you need to see the changes.
  • RealWomenLovePitbulls
    RealWomenLovePitbulls Posts: 729 Member
    Options
    a pound a week is good and healthy, and u'll be more likely to keep it off, just think, that's 52 pounds a year
  • Shirley61
    Shirley61 Posts: 7,758 Member
    Options
    I agree with all your advice. Slow and steady wins the race.

A pound a week is great. Keep it up, you can do this :bigsmile:

Also change things up a bit, don't stay with the same program for weeks,
    your body won't know what to do but lose. :bigsmile:
  • mizznikki35
    Options
    Thanks everyone!!! I am pleased with the progress so far, so I am definitely going to keep going. I appreciate all of your encouraging words!!!