what is your favorite way to eat beans?

Options
hjoyk
hjoyk Posts: 6 Member
I would love to hear ideas and recipes about your favorite way to eat beans... I need some new ideas for people in my family who don't like them as much as I do. ;)

Replies

• mainelymama
    Options
    pinto beans + (previously cooked) rice + onions + spices in a skillet
  • lauren3382
    lauren3382 Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    With a fork.

In all seriousness...I LOVE black beans and eat them plain (rinsed of course) or wrapped in a whole grain tortilla with salsa.
  • LovingLisa2012
    LovingLisa2012 Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    i found that I love navy beans cooked with salt,pepper and italian seasonings .. omg that was soooo good and I had it w/o sausage (usually I have to have meat with beans) ..lol
  • jamk1446
    jamk1446 Posts: 5,577 Member
    Options
    Tuscan Bean Salad

Cannellini beans, oven-roasted tomatoes, rosemary, extra virgin olive oil & balsamic vinegar.
  • 13inchestogo
    13inchestogo Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Every way humanly imaginable! But I like mushing them up with garlic and spreading them like hummus on wraps, or making bean dip :love:
  • scorpio61
    scorpio61 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    It's a Suzanne Somers foodie But I sure do love it Blk beans, onions, hot sauce & chicken broth cooked and put in a blender I like my soup with bits of blk beans in it Sour cream and cheese ( opitonal) All depending on if the latter two fit in your diet
  • scorpio61
    scorpio61 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Looking to shed some fat and gain some muscle myself I was wanting to know if you have heard of fighterdiet.com? If not you might want to check it out Just a FYI Good Luck:)
  • bzmom
    bzmom Posts: 1,332 Member
    Options
    Gilled bean tacos

Pinto beans
    vegetable oil
    Chile de harbol (if you like some spice/Hot)
    Chorizo
    Corn tortillas

On the skillet add a little of vegetable oil.
    Once hot add Chile de harbol and fry it till it starts toasting. (they will start turning black that is okay)
    Add chorizo and slightly brown
    add beans warm for like 12 minutes then smoosh them. when all smooshed add some bean juice just a tad bit so it will not be to dry and mix.

warm tortillas just enough to be able to fold and not break.
    make your tacos and place them on a bowl.

turn on grill and place your tacos and toast them and server
    (You can also fry them in oil but of course too greasy)

Everyone in my family asks for these when we cookout and I mean everyone sister inlaw, brother inlaw etc...
  • wiltl
    wiltl Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    My absolute favorite way is how my mom makes baked beans, but they're definitely just a treat!

Otherwise:
    Black Beans and Quinoa, and a bit of garlic powder maybe with some reduced fat cheese melted in
    Naked burrito style, with chicken breast, black beans, cheese. I also like mushrooms and black olives in the mix but I know not everyone does. Top with some sour cream and tapatio.
    "refried" beans - put in a pan with a bit of water and olive oil, garlic seasonings and smush them around a bit. Use however you would use refried or rancho beans.
    Panera's black bean soup is awesome too, kinda spicy and smokey. I want to make something like it this fall when it cools off a bit.
  • kaseysospacey
    kaseysospacey Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    Boil canned kidney or black beans in their liquid with sriracha or Vietnamese chili-garlic sauce, minced garlic and cumin and its like refried beans without the fried part. Also baked, in burritos, in soup.......I love beans.
  • ndblades
    ndblades Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Black Beans - with cliantro lime rice on a tortilla (you can add chicken, peppers, cheese , whatever your liking!

Green Beans -- my family only eats them fresh from our garden. Blanche for 3 minutes in boiling water, dump in cold water, toss with a little olive oil, garlic (i only use real garlic cloves, minced) and either stir fry or grill --- delisous! You can add bacon bits if so choose - that is good as well.

Baked beans -- good ol' bushes from a can -- my kids eat 4 nights a week!

Kidney beans -- throw them into a taco salad.

Yep, soups, burritos, salads, grilled, steamed, all good!....
  • carinnaj
    carinnaj Posts: 149
    Options
    I don't like beans much (except green beans)... but I do like chili :)
  • Nessiechickie
    Nessiechickie Posts: 1,392 Member
    Options
    I love baked beans in sauce, might do a can for dinner tonight now that you mentioned them.
  • jealous_loser
    Options
    Black beans with rice and ground beef and a little salsa, put on a salad for an easy taco salad. Sooooo good.
  • 916lude
    916lude Posts: 305
    Options
    With a fork.

In all seriousness...I LOVE black beans and eat them plain (rinsed of course) or wrapped in a whole grain tortilla with salsa.

haha I was gonna say the same thing

I love black beans with garlic, onion and anything else I can throw in it. Freeze them up and use for BB burgers
  • Hubbafer
    Hubbafer Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Steamed green beans with olive oil, balsamic vinegar and fresh garlic :)

I also put a bit of clubhouse seasoning (italiano) for taste :) YUM!
  • vger11
    vger11 Posts: 248
    Options
    pinto beans w/garlic, cilantro, and a bit of fat .....

refried w/queso blanco and homemade extra hot salsa :tongue:
  • CStone17
    CStone17 Posts: 37
    Options
    Roasted garbanzo beans with Sriracha is my new thing. I put some on before I cook, and inevitably add more after. But when I prepare GBs, I have a problem of never soaking enough because after they're cooked, I start popping 'em in my mouth before I make my recipe. They are the most delicious plain bean, I think, though I do love my black beans.

Also, sprout your lentils (technically pulses but whatever)/mung beans/azuki beans for salads or eating plain, putting in stir fries, on sandwiches, or just eating by the handful because they're so delicious you can't resist.
  • hjoyk
    hjoyk Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys for all the great ideas... I want to put a pot of beans on right now! ;)
  • urbansmamma
    urbansmamma Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Yummmm!! I'm going to make this!!