Hi Everyone

Options
I am not completely new but I never had the time to introduce myself. My name is Shanna and I am 34 years old and married to the best man in the world. We are preparing for his 4th deployment, which is to Afghanistan this time, and I am scared to death. I also have a handsome little boy who is 2. I stand 6'0 tall and my lowest weight was in my late 20's at 161 lbs, a size 4/5! I miss being that!

In 2003 I was diagnosed with Hypothyroidism and had my thyroid taken out. After the surgery I ballooned up to 240 lbs. In 2007 when I got pregnant with my son I gained another 45 lbs; so here I sit. I am tired of being fat, it really sucks and I want to be the woman I used to be for my husband, my son, myself and my career! I know I can do it but being a military spouse makes finding and keeping friends for support very difficult so I turned to MFP. I know that the women on here are very supportive and I am very excited to get all this weight off. :)

Replies

• AliceLMS
    AliceLMS Posts: 2,428 Member
    Options
    Welcome Shanna! You are in the right place, this is a great site and everyone is supportive and helpful.
    Please thank your husband for his service to this country, we really do appreciate all he has done and is doing.

Good luck on your healthy for life journey!:drinker: Alice
  • azbuddy4u
    Options
    Hello Everyone....My name is Marilyn and I just started today.
  • pawprint061
    Options
    Welcome. Good luck on your journey When you need support, come here. This place is filled with people who give tons and tons of support.
  • running_girl_84
    Options
    My husband us leaving next month for Iraq. I'm scared as well. I hope you find support here and reach your goals!
  • lynettep
    lynettep Posts: 157
    Options
    Welcome everyone to mfp! This is a great site for support. Stay strong and make time for yourself.