HELP! I'm gonna binge!

Options
I get off work in 30 mins and am terrified I'm gonna binge! I'm really hungry now. And fast food is my weakness. This is only my 4th day with MFP and this is typical me. Starting a diet and saying 'forget it' a few days into it. Any suggestions?

Replies

• mszSHOGAN
    mszSHOGAN Posts: 2,278 Member
    Options
    If you MUST do fast food just make it healthier. Get a salad, don't load it with dressing. Go to Wendys and get a baked potato and chili. Be creative. ......just don't get a big mac what ever you do!
  • pawprint061
    Options
    You need to remember that this isn't a diet. This is a lifestyle change. Maybe you need to start slow and work your way into it. You can't just do it over night.
  • lynettep
    lynettep Posts: 157
    Options
    You can do this!! Stay strong! Don't let food control you. You can control food!! You are the boss!! Go grab a grilled chicken sandwich...eat one piece of the bun with the chicken....eat it dry or with mustard and veggies. NO FRIES!!! GO GIRL!!!
  • gympamela
    gympamela Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Just get your butt home and get something GOOD for you- you will feel so much better, I promise!
  • angela1482
    angela1482 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Thank you all so much! I am going to take my butt home!
  • samantha115
    Options
    I binged tonight at Chilis. NOT WORTH IT. I mean it was oh so very tasty but now my tummy hurts. Ugh! Its full of yummy delicious food. Theres no way to work off what damage I did.
  • Rubes
    Rubes Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I had a HUGE problem with that! Now I keep snacks in my desk to help me from overeating at dinner or caving into fast food!
  • Crunchytxmama
    Crunchytxmama Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    When I start feeling that way I go find an apple as fast as I can! That's one of the best ways I know to regain my sanity so I can think clearly about what I should be eating, instead of what I want to cram in my mouth as soon as possible.
  • DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    Options
    If you have the urge to binge on your way home from work, hit the produce department at your local grocery store. You'll be able to go crazy there, and end up eating healthier. Sometimes when I have a need to binge, it's because I have $5 in my pocket and MUST spend it. That usually get me in trouble, so splurging at grocery store on yummy, healthy things, might do the trick for someone in a similar situation.
  • sissy56
    sissy56 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I want to just shove any food around into my face the minute my students walk out the door. What's helped this week is to keep 1/2 my lunch sandwich and eat it then.
  • gr8dad1975
    gr8dad1975 Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    Go Green.........green apples, pickles, celery, lettuce, cucumbers, zucchini, broccoli, honey dew melon...You get the idea. These and other fruits and vegetables usually help me to feel full and they also save me from binging on higher calorie foods. By the way don't forget to drink plenty of water (you can add a sugar-free drink mix occassionally to break the monotony). I hope this helps. Keep me posted.
  • Mommabee
    Mommabee Posts: 103
    Options
    Keep a picture of that new dress (jeans, skirt, bikini, etc you get the idea) that you are going to get when you reach your goal with you all the time and when you feel like binging, pull it out and imagine yourself wearing it. Then grab an apple and get to the gym!
    Stay strong!
    Hugs!!!
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options
    Let us know if you made it home without the binge. Even if you did give in, don't use that as an excuse to quit. One thing you'll learn on MFP, we all struggle, we all fail sometimes- then you learn that all you can do is move forward, and aim for better days. :)
  • kristinamayer
    kristinamayer Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Junk food & chocolate is my weakness. I remind myself that "Nothing tastes as good as being thin feels." Says the woman eating apple pie. lol! It worked earlier today with the Christmas cookies.
  • angela1482
    angela1482 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I didn't binge! Go me! I went home and made tacos. Not the best food choice, but better than EVERYTHING on the $1 menu. Thanks