I need to break an eating habbit

Options
Hi. I just joined this site a couple of days ago and I'm still learning all the amazing features it has! I've lost 11 pounds in a week (I started this journey last week) and I'm proud of it and everything don't get me wrong (Even though its water weight) But I need help with a habit I've created. Eating while watching TV or long videos on youtube. Now an easy solution is eat healthier food. Okay, thats okay if I'm do for a snack, but even healthy things like fruits or veggies have excess calories and carbs I may not be able to afford. So if anyone has any solution to breaking the habbit altogether that would be great. Thanks (:

Replies

• mydeloo78
    mydeloo78 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    Find something else to do with your hands.. take up knitting for example. Or put gloves on, brush your teeth.. or find a different activity until you can watch TV/youtube without snacking (think about quitting smoking you have to avoid the triggers)
  • robinhardysmall
    robinhardysmall Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    I usually keep a pen in my hand~ keeps me from having being able to eat...or put lotion on...antibacterial gel...anything that would make your hands smell off :)
  • musicgirl99
    musicgirl99 Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    I like to snack while I watch tv too. It's not the best solution, but I usually make myself a coffee and sip on that slowly while I watch. It still has calories but less than what most snacks I would normally munch on have and because it's a 16 oz. mug it will last me through a few shows.
  • peachyxoxoxo
    peachyxoxoxo Posts: 1,178 Member
    Options
    I like to snack while I watch tv too. It's not the best solution, but I usually make myself a coffee and sip on that slowly while I watch. It still has calories but less than what most snacks I would normally munch on have and because it's a 16 oz. mug it will last me through a few shows.

This is a good suggestion. I like to make tea, which is calorie free unless you add sweetener.
  • MyNabbrs
    MyNabbrs Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I try to ride the stationary bike while watching during the day. I also attached a strap to the handle so that I can use my Ipad to read the MFP boards while pedaling. :bigsmile:

Sometimes, usually at night, when I'm too tired to move, I'll do my self-maintenance tasks while watching TV (teeth whitening, facials, deep hair conditioning etc.). Keeps me too busy to go to kitchen.
  • Thinspiration148
    Thinspiration148 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Try Annie Chun's seaweed chips. Extremely low calories/fat, etc. and feels like eating a bag of chips!
  • faithchange
    faithchange Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    I really have the same addiction...snacking at night in front of t.v. I'm doing better though. I eat my apple, orange and then some protein when I do watch. Limit yourself. It doesn't hurt and these do have less calories, fat and other things that those "snack" junk foods your used to snacking on in front of the television. Allow yourself the 1/4 cup of mini m&ms a once in a while (I do...and once their gone...no more). Drink your water...lots of water at that time. Go for a walk, exercise...do something else. There are other options. Eat veggies. :)
  • verptwerp
    verptwerp Posts: 3,659 Member
    Options
    I'm not ashamed to say that I eat in front of the TV or while reading a book :happy:

I chomp on raw veggies by the ton ...... red & green peppers, zucchini, cauliflower, baby carrots, cherry tomatoes, celery with a DAB of hummus ..... these are calories I don't mind eating .....

Best of luck to you !