Ambitious pal looking for inspiring buddies

Options
So, I'm new to this app and love it, I used to use Lose It but this app is much easier to find and add foods.

I am 9 months from turning 40 and I want to lose the 40lbs I gained through my 30's. 40 by 40.

I want to lose them for my health and longevity and also just to feel fabulous again.

So I'm looking for motivated buddies to inspire me and be inspired.

I recently joined the Y in my community and have started going regularly. I also love cycling, sailing, camping and going for walks. And I intend to lose this weight through a combo of doing activities I love as well as watching what I eat and drink.

I have a soft spot for beer (pretty big one right now) especially during the short, hot summer we have, it's a real hard thing to give up. So I'm focusing instead on limiting it and being much more aware of how much of it I'm drinking,

I also tend to love rich fatty foods, but of the healthier variety - artisan cheeses, avocados, homemade mayonnaise, locally smoked bacon, eggs. I love it all. I don't eat highly processed or fast foods, so that's not an issue for me. But these lovely good fat foods I maybe like a bit too much. Breakfast has traditionally been my favorite and biggest meal of the day and I'm giving that up in favour of a protein shake during weekdays, allowing myself the weekend to enjoy my eggs and cheese and bacon.

So, replacing high calorie breakfast with a shake, cutting WAY down on beer, and adding regular exercise is my plan to reach my goal of losing 40lbs in 9months.

Id love your support and will reciprocate with encouragement for your goals. Feel free to add me as a friend.

Replies

• sheneema
    sheneema Posts: 15
    Options
    This app is wonderful. I was skeptical at first, but I was proven wrong. I have been on MFP for a week now and lost 8.5lbs, so Im super excited. You can still eat those foods u listed but in moderation. We CAN DO THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Hammertown
    Options
    Yes, moderation! That's the hard part! Lol! Thanks for the friend add. Cheers! 8.5 lbs sp quickly is awesome!
  • sheneema
    sheneema Posts: 15
    Options
    You are so right moderation can be hard lol I live in TX and all food portions are HUGE, LOL. We will have to challenge each other in that way we are held accountable.