eBay sellers?

Options
I have recently made an eBay account to sell a few things and I've noticed from some stuff I bought off the website that people get really creative with the description pages and stuff. And I was wondering anyone on here know how to make the pages all nice and creative looking to catch the buyer's eye?

Replies

• Jbjessi
    Jbjessi Posts: 288
    Options
    selling on ebay is a huge business for a lot of people. if you are just doing it casually i would make it nice but not waist to must time. many sellers have invested a lot into there business's. there are so many problems with trying to be a casual seller/ small business on ebay. many of the bigger sellers get product straight from the manufacturer so they often have a "who can price lower" battle which destroys product value. i would just be casual and hopefully a buyer will appreciate that they are not buying from a business
  • BrightEyesx3
    BrightEyesx3 Posts: 335
    Options
    selling on ebay is a huge business for a lot of people. if you are just doing it casually i would make it nice but not waist to must time. many sellers have invested a lot into there business's. there are so many problems with trying to be a casual seller/ small business on ebay. many of the bigger sellers get product straight from the manufacturer so they often have a "who can price lower" battle which destroys product value. i would just be casual and hopefully a buyer will appreciate that they are not buying from a business

Well the only thing I wanna learn to do is how to set a background and a colored font, that's it.
  • BrightEyesx3
    Options
    I cannot figure out how to add a background image to the description on an eBay page, I've tried all the codes I could find and nothing is working
  • bonsaiblossom
    bonsaiblossom Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    HTML and CSS codes.. Use google to find your codes :) FUN!!!
  • BrightEyesx3
    Options
    HTML and CSS codes.. Use google to find your codes :) FUN!!!

Tried the codes I found and nothing worked. I don't know what I'm doing wrong!
  • Bakkasan
    Bakkasan Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    Make sure you are in raw HTML mode if you are adding html otherwise it adds as rich text.