Stranded in the house HELP me with dinner!! :*(

Options
NikkiDerrig386
NikkiDerrig386 Posts: 1,096 Member
So My car wouldnt start and had to get a ride home from work. I need ideas for dinner. Dont have much but I have some basic stuff and I cant go get anything. I dont want to order take out. Any suggestions?

Replies

• MercuryBlue
    MercuryBlue Posts: 886 Member
    Options
    One of my 'simple' recipes when I don't have much to work with is brown rice, tuna and frozen vegetables. I cook the rice and vegetables seperately, then toss them together with the tuna. I sprinkle it with pepper.... and it's one of my favorite things to eat!
  • ks2001
    ks2001 Posts: 40
    Options
    What types of standard things do you have? Give me ingredients and I can work on this...
  • DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    Options
    What types of standard things do you have? Give me ingredients and I can work on this...

Yeah, me too! Tell me what you have, and I can assist.

If you keep veggies of any kind on hand, as well as quick fixes (hamburger helper, for instance), you have a meal.
  • ali258
    ali258 Posts: 403
    Options
    Do you have a can of soup, bread, and cheese? Sounds like soup and grilled cheese night to me! Especially if you're someplace where it's cold right now.
  • cashmandue
    cashmandue Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    This happened to me just the other day - and I did the same thing:
    One of my 'simple' recipes when I don't have much to work with is brown rice, tuna and frozen vegetables. I cook the rice and vegetables seperately, then toss them together with the tuna

Except, I had some light balsamic vinagrette that I mixed in about a teaspoon into the tuna just to give it a little more "kick". Filled me up, not alot of calories and felt satisfied and didn't have any cravings the rest of the night.
  • NikkiDerrig386
    Options
    I had a crap load of raw veggies and found rice so I made stir fri and it turned out so good. Thanx for the help!
  • DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    Options
    Stir Fry makes EVERYTHING better! (Just like chocolate, hee hee)
  • NikkiDerrig386
    Options
    2 servings

1 cup cooked white rice
    1/2 of 1/4 cup olive oil extra virgin
    1/2 cup broccoli
    1/2 cup green bell pepper
    1/2 cup red onion
    1 tbsp soy sauce
    1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
    3 garlic cloves

sprinkled garlic and celery salt on it while it cooked.

I Heated up the oil until garlic cooked a little. Then added the veggie combo. Sauteed them for about 15 mins then towards the end mixed some balsamic vinegar and put 4 chunks of artichokes and let it sit a bit until they were warm. On the side I put 1 cup of rice mixed with a little soy sauce mixed and then mixed the cooked veggies. So good. How many calories are the artichokes?
  • NikkiDerrig386
    Options
    2 servings

1 cup cooked white rice
    1/2 of 1/4 cup olive oil extra virgin
    1/2 cup broccoli
    1/2 cup green bell pepper
    1/2 cup red onion
    1 tbsp soy sauce
    1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
    3 garlic cloves

sprinkled garlic and celery salt on it while it cooked.

I Heated up the oil until garlic cooked a little. Then added the veggie combo. Sauteed them for about 15 mins then towards the end mixed some balsamic vinegar and put 4 chunks of artichokes and let it sit a bit until they were warm. On the side I put 1 cup of rice mixed with a little soy sauce mixed and then mixed the cooked veggies. So good. How many calories are the artichokes?

Came out to 395 (I ate have 1/2 - so double it for the whole thing)
  • TNTPete
    TNTPete Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    yum.... I normally do chicken instead of tuna but, that sounds good to me!
  • mavsfan2009
    mavsfan2009 Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    When I'm feeling especially poor and need a hearty, quick, and cheap meal I make rice with black beans and ground turkey. All three ingredients are 3 dollars or less!

I cook the rice, and add in a can of black beans once it's done. I brown some ground turkey and throw it in. You can also add onions or jalapenos (my favorite) for some extra flavor!
  • stephcheers
    Options
    When I'm feeling especially poor and need a hearty, quick, and cheap meal I make rice with black beans and ground turkey. All three ingredients are 3 dollars or less!

I cook the rice, and add in a can of black beans once it's done. I brown some ground turkey and throw it in. You can also add onions or jalapenos (my favorite) for some extra flavor!

I have these ingrediants...and it sounds like you just helped me decide whats for dinner. Thanks! :flowerforyou: :bigsmile: