Breakfast!!!!!

Options
I'm burnt out on oatmeal and cereal. Fruit is ok, but not filling enough. Need some quick and easy ideas, I don't have a lot of time in the mornings.

Thank you!

Replies

• MissCassieHughes
    MissCassieHughes Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Egg white omelettes? Turkey sausages or rashers. I love that.
  • Snailpie80
    Options
    Whole wheat toast with one tbs. low fat peanut butter. Fage yogurt 2% with honey.
  • cordianet
    cordianet Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    Omelets and scrambles. They only take a couple of minutes.
  • sabrinafaith
    sabrinafaith Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    i eat plain greek yogurt with 1/2 a container of blueberries, some agave nectar and 1/4 cup fiber one cereal.

another idea is to make a protein smoothie the night before and drink it in the morning. i do that with designer whey vanilla powder, fresh strawberries and 3/4 cup of skim milk. i usually also have 1/2 cup of fiber one with this too. if you prepare it the night before it really is fast, lol.
  • alsatty
    alsatty Posts: 28
    Options
    Fruit smoothie with protein
  • Beccap1989
    Options
    lately i've been doing bagels or fruit salad as alternatives
  • kshiraakshara
    kshiraakshara Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Eggs. Omelets, scrambles, egg muffins (prepared in advance and reheated), anything really. Protein's a great way to start the day and eggs cook fast.
  • RonneyKay
    RonneyKay Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    hard boiled eggs, you can make them ahead of time so they are ready to go at a moments notice:)
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    +1 for eggs; low in calories, high in protein - they'll keep you feeling full longer and there are lots of different ways to prepare them (and the yolks, contrary to conventional wisdom, actually promote heart health and HDL levels)
  • officernice
    Options
    Yes, love my peanut butter toast.
  • WildFlower7
    WildFlower7 Posts: 714 Member
    Options
    I pre-make Breakfast casseroles on Sundays, for the following week. I just made one with egg whites, sauteed mushrooms, ham, cheese and green onions on top. Great left over, just zap them in the morning and eat them with lite Sour cream.

If I'm not eating the Casserole I eat Egg Whites with a 1/4 cup of 4 Cheese Mexican Blend and a little pepper for breakfast and a piece of fruit. Takes me about maybe 5min to make.
  • shoek2
    shoek2 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Won ton wrap breakfast cups - Takea single won ton wrap spray muffin pan with pam. push wrap into muffin tin to form shape of bowl. Beat one egg add any veggies or turkey sausage or low fat cheese into eggs. pour in wrap bake in 400 oven till eggs are set and won ton turns golden. 10-12 minutes. Top with Salsa very low calorie and delicious

Nutritional Information:
    Serving Size: 3 wonton cups
    Calories: 209.3
    Fat: 10.6 g
    Carbohydrates: 11.9 g
    Fiber: .25 g
    Protein: 17.3 g
    Points+: 6
  • saw1969
    saw1969 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    A boiled egg and 2 slices of wholemeal toast keeps me full until lunchtime everytime :smile:
  • 916lude
    916lude Posts: 305
    Options
    Eggs. Yum
  • 57silverfox
    57silverfox Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    im with eggs and salsa when i need a change
  • shoek2
    shoek2 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    here is the nutrition for the wonton cups. Also oven should be at 400 not 350. Enjoy

Nutritional Information:
    Serving Size: 3 wonton cups
    Calories: 209.3
    Fat: 10.6 g
    Carbohydrates: 11.9 g
    Fiber: .25 g
    Protein: 17.3 g
    Points+: 6
  • taylor5877
    taylor5877 Posts: 1,792 Member
    Options
    I down a casein shake in skim milk and eat a piece of fruit on my way out the door.
  • dianniejt
    dianniejt Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I eat a homemade egg mcmuffin (no meat) every single day when I get home from the gym. 1 english muffin, 1 egg and 1 slice of cheese keeps me filled til lunch
  • mistigoodwin
    mistigoodwin Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    THANK YOU ALL!!!! I do eat eggs once in a while too. But anyway thanks again!!! I'm excited to go grocery shopping and get some new breakfast stuff now!!!:smile:
  • wookiemouse
    wookiemouse Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    1/2 cup greek yogurt, 3/4 cup granola (my go-to is Bakery on Main cranberry pecan), a handful of fresh raspberries and blueberries. YUM!