I'm funny, I'm smart... oh fine, I guess I'll get fit, too.

Options
Begrudgingly, I started thinking I should probably do something about maybe possibly losing some weight... I guess........ huff.

I mean, I'm graduating law school, I'm cute, I like games and internet fun and cooking and cats and I am pretty dang funny when I want to be. Why do I have to be thinner, too? How dare you, society!?! I am a CATCH no matter what I weigh!!

But then I did get caught... and I got engaged, and I felt happy and comfortable! :D But not confident. I hadn't felt TRULY confident in a while - I could fake it for sure: I'm outgoing, charismatic, a born leader. But it wasn't enough for me.

For someone who works so hard in so many ways, my body shouldn't be such a GLARING exception. Not only that, but I LOVE biking for fun and for transport (I don't want to own a car!), and it has been getting harder to do. I run out of breath on stairs (yeah, I'll get around to stopping smoking soon, too >.>), I get pinch flats more often on the bike, and I can't even enjoy summer weather.

I have a great life, but I want MORE. I want to be able to do anything and go anywhere and feel GREAT.

So here I am. I'm ready to do something for myself that isn't about HAVE TO or SHOULD... I WANT to feel better, live longer, look better. I want to do this!

I weighed myself for the first time in 3 years today. 259 pounds. I've got work to do! :) Looking forward to sharing in this community and contributing where I can.

Replies

• ozark28
    ozark28 Posts: 11
    Options
    HI ...I new here..good luck and may we both have great outcomes :)
  • callmebryntax
    Options
    HI ...I new here..good luck and may we both have great outcomes :)

Thanks, and ditto! :)
  • Cocochickdeleted
    Cocochickdeleted Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    Welcome! This is a great place to find motivation and support (and sometimes, even logical answers to your most pressing questions). Just remember that this is a marathon, not a sprint. Don't expect miracles, have patience, and with time and diligence, you will reach your goals. Best of luck to you!
  • bodsmack7958
    bodsmack7958 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    ^^smart words. Invite me if you would like a supportive buddy along the way!
  • callmebryntax
    Options
    Welcome! This is a great place to find motivation and support (and sometimes, even logical answers to your most pressing questions). Just remember that this is a marathon, not a sprint. Don't expect miracles, have patience, and with time and diligence, you will reach your goals. Best of luck to you!

Thanks, Cocochick! I'll try to keep that "marathon" mentality in mind, I bet that's one of the hardest parts. Thank goodness for this place to track and socialize and be inspired!
  • vklebanova
    vklebanova Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Welcome!

My advice to you is simple: be patient.. this will be hard.. physically and mentally. But you seem to have the right kick a** personality for it!

Best of Luck and feel free to friend me/ message me.
  • lilylux
    lilylux Posts: 109 Member
    Options

^^^^^ THIS!

It's hard not to want results straight away, but you didn't gain the weight by eating one pizza, it was lots of small decisions that put the weight on, and making lots of small decisions is the only way to get it off.
  • katm427
    katm427 Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    I just added you as a friend! Welcome to the community. I love your sense of humor. =)
  • callmebryntax
    Options
    Oh and I should have said in the post - please feel free to friend me if you think we could help each other or share ideas!
  • MelissaDawn1253
    Options
    I'm new too! and pretty much in the same boat. I work hard in every other aspect of my life, this needs to be a priority now. We'll do great!
  • Natis1211
    Natis1211 Posts: 3
    Options
    I just started too and am the same way. Seem to have sucess in every area of my life (i.e. career, family, social, etc), except I haven't been able to conquer the weight. Would love to be friends.
  • callmebryntax
    Options
    Wow, so many here have similar experiences! I hate that the "haters" like to assume that people with more weight are lazy, unmotivated and so many other "un-" words. We are so often people who are excelling in other areas of our life who just can't seem to find the time to combat our natural inclination to gain weight more!

I really believe that if I can see this as one of my fun "projects" rather than a diet, I will see it as less of a punishment and more of an ADVENTURE! :D
  • spider1968
    spider1968 Posts: 20
    Options
    You had me at funny!!! Adding........now :)
  • callmebryntax
    Options
    so glad this place is so active! one of the main things I didn't like about WW when I did the online stuff - not enough posting for me!!
  • HowieTwoPointZero
    HowieTwoPointZero Posts: 494 Member
    Options
    You aint one of them gosh darn furries are you?
  • lilylux
    lilylux Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I feel the same way, if you consider this a 'project' it become easier. It gives you SO much pride and self respect to take control of your body again.
  • sofia0586
    sofia0586 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Begrudgingly, I started thinking I should probably do something about maybe possibly losing some weight... I guess........ huff.

I mean, I'm graduating law school, I'm cute, I like games and internet fun and cooking and cats and I am pretty dang funny when I want to be. Why do I have to be thinner, too? How dare you, society!?! I am a CATCH no matter what I weigh!!

But then I did get caught... and I got engaged, and I felt happy and comfortable! :D But not confident. I hadn't felt TRULY confident in a while - I could fake it for sure: I'm outgoing, charismatic, a born leader. But it wasn't enough for me.

For someone who works so hard in so many ways, my body shouldn't be such a GLARING exception. Not only that, but I LOVE biking for fun and for transport (I don't want to own a car!), and it has been getting harder to do. I run out of breath on stairs (yeah, I'll get around to stopping smoking soon, too >.>), I get pinch flats more often on the bike, and I can't even enjoy summer weather.

I have a great life, but I want MORE. I want to be able to do anything and go anywhere and feel GREAT.

So here I am. I'm ready to do something for myself that isn't about HAVE TO or SHOULD... I WANT to feel better, live longer, look better. I want to do this!

I weighed myself for the first time in 3 years today. 259 pounds. I've got work to do! :) Looking forward to sharing in this community and contributing where I can.

omg this is so me on so many levels.
    i prioritized everything but myself and my body and here i am now.

blargh.
  • HowieTwoPointZero
    HowieTwoPointZero Posts: 494 Member
    Options
    And funny is an understatement Brynn. I've known you for ever on the internet, you're one of the most hilarious people I know.
  • callmebryntax
    Options
    And funny is an understatement Brynn. I've known you for ever on the internet, you're one of the most hilarious people I know.

O gawrsh, Howie... you makin' me blush!

Don't tell thewampus.... she may get jealous :D