Any other runners out there?

Options
Hello! I am currently training for my first marathon and trying to shave a few lbs in the meantime. I am 29 yr old mom of two and looking for some friendship/encouragement. I sometimes lack the motivation to log in after two weeks or so. Let me know if you are out there =)

Liz

Replies

• amykluver
    amykluver Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Now that we are friends :-) I am a runner. Or perhaps a better description would be a food lover who runs so that I can be healthy and keep eating - if that makes any sense. I do shorter distances but a good friend of mine is a longer distance, more fanatical runner if you want to search for her profile - Ashort (that's assuming she doesn't reply here). I see that you aren't losing any weight. Are you active military or reserves? When was he last time you mixed up your runs? Ashort would have input for you for sure.
  • natalie412
    natalie412 Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    There are loads of runner here - me included!! Feel free to add me. I just became a runner at the beginning of the year using C25K, and done a couple 5Ks and a 5 mile trail run, and am going to run a half on Sept 29th.

I am actually on maintenance as far as weight goes, although I am still actually losing...
  • taureanbuddhist
    taureanbuddhist Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    this is a great group to join

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/94-long-distance-runners

I am training for a Half on October 7th...feel free to add me if you like:)
  • artbkward
    artbkward Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    I run, although not quickly. I've done 2 1/2 marathons and I just did a mud run on Saturday. I could use friends too, feel free to add me.
  • iconnor
    iconnor Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm training for my first marathon too! Add me if you want!
  • LelaYang
    LelaYang Posts: 43
    Options
    I run!!! Add me :)
  • efoley2
    efoley2 Posts: 7
    Options
    Now that we are friends :-) I am a runner. Or perhaps a better description would be a food lover who runs so that I can be healthy and keep eating - if that makes any sense. I do shorter distances but a good friend of mine is a longer distance, more fanatical runner if you want to search for her profile - Ashort (that's assuming she doesn't reply here). I see that you aren't losing any weight. Are you active military or reserves? When was he last time you mixed up your runs? Ashort would have input for you for sure.

I often tell people I run so I can eat "guilt-free" so I totally get it. I mix up my runs weekly. One speed work, two easy short runs and one long run. I'm pretty sure I just need to get my appetite in check...