NSV Tonight, Msde me smile.

Options
Coffeeholic8
Coffeeholic8 Posts: 270 Member
A little background first. I'm a truck driver and each night I do a double manned run with a regular co-driver hut if one if us has a night off we do the run with an agency driver. This week I am covering another guys run because he is off sick so ky regular partner has an agency guy with him.

So last night at the start of the shift I saw the guy who would be taking my spot on my usual run and I recognised him as he had been with me a couple of times 7 or 8 months ago. I said hello and spoke with him for a minute or two but it was clear he had forgotten who I was and wasn't very talkative. Tonight as I was pulling out of the depot I saw him again and he came over to my truck. He apologised for not saying much but he hadn't recognised me because of my weight loss!

I had also given him something and asked him if he would please pass it onto Steve, my usual co-driver, and it wasn't until he did so that Steve explained who I was and showed him my before and current picture from here that he remembered working with me.

I'm still smiling 4 hours into my shift.

Replies

• joycemhall
    joycemhall Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Awesome!! Congrats:bigsmile:
  • cckellympls
    cckellympls Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Keep smiling!!!! That is a great NSV!!!!! Thanks for sharing. i am sure you will be having that happen to you more and more. You have made great strides at a healthier life and i applaud your motivation and great effort!!!!
  • historygirldd
    historygirldd Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Great NSV! Congratulations!
  • creech6317
    creech6317 Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    That is great. I love those random moments that show you all of your hard work is paying off.
    Personally I think the random comments from acquaintances mean more, because often friends will say what they know you want to hear, where others actually give you an honest reaction and it feels even better.
  • KauandMe
    KauandMe Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    That is so great.....sooooo encouraging!

Yay for you!
  • That is fantastic =D
  • Casey45
    Casey45 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Terrific NSV story!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!