Need an alternate to soda.....

Options
Ok so...I love soda. My favorite is Diet Wild Cherry Pepsi and while it has 0 calories I am still trying to cut all soda from my diet....the hardest part is that I get raging caffeine headaches!!!

I'm wondering-what are some good caffeine alternatives that have little to no calories. I like coffee but can't bring myself to drink plain black coffee.

I'm willing to try most things :)

Thanks!

Replies

• andric1
    andric1 Posts: 23
    Options
    What exactly are you asking for, replacement for soda or coffee?
    In any case: cold water.
  • barbsulli0106
    Options
    I would say the crystal lite energy drink mix packets. You just mix them with a bottle of water, they have a few flavors, strawberry,peach mango and grape. Also I am pretty sure they're like 5 calories per serving(1/2 packet)....oh and as for the caffiene headaches, they are horrible...I used to get them really bad when I started to cut down on it.
  • taylor5877
    taylor5877 Posts: 1,792 Member
    Options
    Crystal Light Green Tea (pick your favorite) was my choice.

It also ends up being a lot cheaper.
  • Kebby83
    Kebby83 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Tea. Black?
    Coffee with a spash of fat free milk? (like 5 cals - less than gum). Milk isn't bad for you either - so why not just have coffee with some milk and allow it in your cals?
  • sara6442
    sara6442 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I used to drink lots of soda, I now drink lots of plain fizzy water, I love it and its obviously great for you.. It has also helped clear my skin up.
  • mckirk89
    mckirk89 Posts: 1
    Options
    I am not sure about the caffeine part hopefully the head aches will go away. But if you are looking for that fizz Perrier makes flavored carbonated water in lemon, lime and pink grapefruit and I am pretty sure that there is a store brand option for these as well if price is a factor. That's what I drink because I like the bubbles
  • aqm22
    aqm22 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    replacement for the caffeine: Black tea.
    replacement for the fizziness: mineral water
  • girlonabikedc
    girlonabikedc Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I'm partial to soda water or sparkling water with lime. I also like those little TRU flavoring packets (like TRU Orange or TRU lemon). They are crystallized real fruit, and don't contain the nasty chemicals that other flavorers have.
  • Changemyfate
    Changemyfate Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    replacement for caffeine: One a day Weight Smart Vitamins (you won't get the jitters, just some energy!!)
    replacement for pop: Water, Wylers or Crystal Light (luv the single packets), GoldPeak Tea (unsweetened) & Green Tea
    Help with Headaches: Aleve

Hope this helps! I had to cut down & now cut out pop - it's just chemicals anyway (yuk!) & I've read pop alters your pH levels - that can't be good!!
  • Michellelpiner
    Options
    Thanks everyone!