workout DVDS?

Options
I would like to shed some inches off my body and just wondering what dvds there are other than insanity or 30 day shred. Please post some that have worked for you.

Replies

• Dhemeyer
    Dhemeyer Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I'm a huge fan of Turbo Fire. I lost nearly 20 lbs and 1.5 dress sizes. Plus I increased my cardio fitness.
    Regardless of the program you do, be sure to get your diet in check. Through past experienced I've found that I can work my tail off, but if my diet isn't in check then I'm always disappointed with the results.
    Best wishes!
  • cmeade20
    cmeade20 Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    I did get great results with 30 day shred. I also did several other JM dvds. I also recommend Jackie Warner and Turbo Jam.
  • KaidaKantri
    KaidaKantri Posts: 401
    Options
    Biggest loser. Jillian also has a Shed and Shred DVD that is a 45 min workout which I plan on getting once I'm done with 30DS.
  • mscrumbyy
    mscrumbyy Posts: 116
    Options
    I'm quite a fan of Jillian Michael's stuff really. I'm about to start Level 2 of her 30 Day Shred but I mix it up a little with some of her others. The weight hasn't necessarily fallen off me but I have lost a fair few inches.
  • brownfoxy21
    brownfoxy21 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I love Zumba and Shaun T's Rockin Body
  • 25daniow
    25daniow Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I have a ton of videos that I use. Any video will produce results as long as you do them and eat healthy. There is a great website that I order most of my videos off because you can view them first to see if it would be something you like. They have every workout video you can imagine. It's also free shipping if you spend over $25. The website is www.collagevideo.com. Check it out cause' it's helped me to lose my weight and I love being able to view what the video is like first. It also tells you if the video is advanced, intermediate, or beginner and has other people's reviews which is always helpful Good luck!
  • Spanaval
    Spanaval Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    I use a lot of Bob Harper's videos. They're longer and harder than JM's stuff, but not as hard as Insanity/P90X. I mix those up with Pilates and power yoga for a little variation. I just ordered a cheapo interval training based DVD set, much like P90X: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004S2YN5O/ref=oh_details_o01_s00_i01
  • sarrylove
    sarrylove Posts: 88
    Options
    I am a big fan of Turbo Fire. I am in Month 3 right now and I have lost 17.9 lbs. and 14 inches
  • coliema
    coliema Posts: 7,646 Member
    Options
    I had good results with the 30DS, all of Jillian Michaels DVDs are great. Zumba videos are also great!
  • dirty_blonde
    dirty_blonde Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I'm NOt a fan of insanity...not do I really like high impact cardio...it's hard on my bladder. I'm currently doing Revabs. Low impact..mix of cardio and strength. I'm on day 24 and I've lost 7 lbs already. 12 more to go till
    Goal
  • jennnewby81
    Options
    I really like the Leslie Sansone videos. They are lower impact if your new at working out so you don't burn out as quickly. I lost 30 lbs in 4 months using them and built a ton of stamina and strength. Now I use the Jillian Michaels videos. 6 months ago they would have kicked my butt in the first 5 minutes but now I can finish an entire workout with Jillian! If your looking for an easier workout to build intensity to later then check out Leslie Sansone. And conrats on taking the first step twords a healthier you!!
  • v70t5m
    v70t5m Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I'm an interval and kickboxing fan, and really enjoy:
    Jari Love's "Get Ripped" series
    Cathe Kickboxing and Boxing
    Amy Bento
    Ilaria Montagnani
    Kimberley Spreen

and kinda recommend Kelly Coffey-Meyer (her counting, teaching style, and transitions can really throw me).
  • katiev67blah
    Options
    Thanks everyone, I'll definately check out all the options.
  • Barberini
    Barberini Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    If you are a Jillian fan, try Ripped in 30. She has said herself that it is much harder than 30DS (she was not wrong!), and I actually found it to be more enjoyable. I got great results doing that and sticking to my calorie allowance.
  • sunglasses_and_ocean_waves
    Options
    I found the Supreme 90 program @ Big Lots this weekend for $4.00. Major score.
  • Lyerin
    Lyerin Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    Turbo Jam is great, as is Turbo Fire. Both are high energy vidoes - Chalene really keeps you moving, and she's not nearly as annoying as some of the other videos. LOL The Zumba videos are great too.

Leslie Sansone's Walk Away the Pounds is good too, but it's probably more of a beginner thing (and she drove me nuts).
  • katiev67blah
    Options
    I do like Jillian, even though shes ANNOYING she still gets people good results. & Thanks for all the other options guys, highly apreciated.