Options
terrie_k
terrie_k Posts: 406 Member
What type of program are you doing?

Replies

• Ruz456
    Ruz456 Posts: 99
    Options
    I love HIIT, before I used to do sprints however I am currently injured so now I am using Battling Ropes, ill do 20 seconds work 40 seconds rest for 20 rounds, ill do that once a week. during my second rest day ill do the same format above but ill switch from doing ropes to pushups and pullups which would be 10 rounds ropes, 5 rounds pushups and 5 rounds pullups
  • taylor5877
    taylor5877 Posts: 1,792 Member
    Options
    In grad school my HIIT routine (treadmill) was 2 min warmup at 6 mph then 6 sets of 13 mph for 1 min. with 1 min rest periods of 6 mph.

In and out and dead tired in 15 mins...
  • terrie_k
    terrie_k Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    I'm gunna take a shot in the dark and guess battling ropes are those heavy things you see on biggest loser. I had to switch to doing some HIIT because I hate exercise and can't do my sports because of a shoulder injury so ropes won't work for me:(

I do like the sounds of the 1/1 but 6 mph is more like a sprint than a rest for me.. haha. I may just give it a try after I get bored of some of the ones I have written down.
  • SVCat
    SVCat Posts: 1,483 Member
    Options
    Try the body for life program....bodyforlife.com They have an intensity based weight resistance program that never lets you slack off and it gives you real results in three months.
  • 916lude
    916lude Posts: 305
    Options
    Insanity

You are your own gym calisthenics ladders ,tabatas, supersets, etc
  • lukadu
    lukadu Posts: 12
    Options
    I am actually doing the Turbo Fire program of Chalene Johnson and it has several HIIT routines in it. ASince I did Insanity before this, I find Chalene workout quite easy.
  • formerlynobel
    formerlynobel Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Insanity

You are your own gym calisthenics ladders ,tabatas, supersets, etc
    Seconded... Insanity is harder than any HIIT I've ever done -- the "on" intervals are 3+ minutes, and the "off" only 30 seconds.
  • Spanaval
    Spanaval Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    I just started doing Tabata. Not sure why I'm doing that to myself.