Insanity vs P90X

Options
I'm thinking about buying one of these two programs...I'm in decent shape and regularly do cardio (running, elliptical, Zumba) and Body Pump but am looking to tone up. Suggestions, anyone?

Replies

• Carolyn_79
    Carolyn_79 Posts: 935 Member
    Options
    Insanity is more cardio and P90X is more weights so if you're looking to tone I would go with P90X.

Another option to consider would be Chalean Extreme. It's another BeadyBody workout that focuses on weights and the workouts are a little shorter than P90X which I like.
  • ag2ut
    ag2ut Posts: 20
    Options
    P90X is a more well-rounded program, in my opinion: you have strength workouts, cardio workouts, and yoga/stretch workouts every week. The workouts require about an hour a day (the yoga workout is about 90 minutes long, though). Insanity has shorter workouts (30-45 minute range, I think) and is a very cardio-heavy program. It builds some muscle, but it's not the main focus of the program. Another consideration is equipment. Insanity literally requires just you and some means of watching the DVDs. You can get by with just resistance bands in P90X, but a lot of people will use dumbells, a pull up bar, and/or a yoga mat. Honestly, I think you wouldn't go wrong with either one!
  • CoachPetrina
    CoachPetrina Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I agree with agut that you can't go wrong with either one. Insanity is a 60 day program, whereas P90X is a 90 day one. Either way, you'll get good results...especially if you follow the nutrition plans. I've done both and I was more impressed with my Insanity results (though I did pay a lot more heed to the nutrition program in Insanity than I did while doing P90X). Full disclosure: I am a Beachbody Coach...if you were thinking of doing P90X with Shakeology, there's a free 30 day trial on Challenge Packs for P90X (offer good in July only - Insanity is not one of the featured programs for this free trial offer, though TurboFire or Brazil Butt Lift are). If you want to learn more, you can PM me here or send me an email at coachpetrina@yahoo.com. 8-) Enjoy whichever program you choose- either one will get you in great shape. 8-)
  • mndamon
    mndamon Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    Personally with the right research online I think you could save your money and build your own routine. Use the money toward equipment. Not saying these aren't worthwhile investments, just another option to at least consider.