Is split pea soup healthy for you?

Options
I am making split pea soup in the crockpot without ham, and just the peas, onions, and chicken bouillon cubes. So if I have some of it, it won't be too bad for me will it? Yes I'm making it this late atnight because I want it for work tomorrow! Lol

Replies

• msh0530
    msh0530 Posts: 1,675 Member
    Options
    Most of your calories in this will come from the peas. Dried legumes are actually good for you, and I think that a cup (cooked) of split peas has about 230 calories, so I think that it will be fine. I love split pea soup, and eat it occasionally. As a matter of fact, it sounds pretty good right now. Could you fax me some??
  • racoon1
    Options
    Absolutely!!! A key factor in weight loss is high fiber. This is defineatley a good choice just becareful on the calorie and carb content (portion CONTROL) .... MMMMMM Enjoy.
  • Chickiebabe151
    Options
    I make a crock pot full every week. It's very good for you but not too low in calories, not like other soups. But I can't even finish a bowl of split pea soup and it keeps me full for several hours.
  • genma1987
    genma1987 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Yes! It is very good for you. Thanks for reminding me, I still have some in my freezer from when I made a big batch this fall! Yum!
  • keiko
    keiko Posts: 2,919 Member
    Options
    I know you were making it last night but I wanted to say to watch the sodium on the bullion cubes, some are quite high.
    Hope you enjoy your soup today! I love soup for lunch.:flowerforyou: