Wearing makeup while working out: YAY or NAY?

Options

Replies

• ashlinmarie
    ashlinmarie Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    I probably sweat most of my makeup off at work first, so nothing more than eyeliner I'm sure. BUT I never put it on for the purpose of going to the gym. I'm not there to impress anyone...just to work my butt of and get rid of some of this fat!
  • Rjdj3530
    Rjdj3530 Posts: 154
    Options
    If I already have it on like in the eveing, no I don't wash it off to work out.

But for the most part I exercise in the morning. I do not put on make-up to go to the gym. What a waste of money first off because you sweat and wipe it off. I am not there to look pretty.
  • yourenotmine
    yourenotmine Posts: 645 Member
    Options
    I never wear make-up. I am a lazy hobo.

Um, this. *blush*
  • jaymek92
    jaymek92 Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    I never wear make-up. I am a lazy hobo.
    yes, this.
  • saraann4
    saraann4 Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    I don't wear a lot of make up especially during the summer. If I already have it on, who cares. I definately don't put it on intentionally knowing I'm working out/walking/running/whatever. That just seems ridiculous to me even if you are trying to impress someone.
  • tlnurse
    tlnurse Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I usually have it on as I work out after work.....and just sweat if off!
  • AJ_Pete
    AJ_Pete Posts: 863 Member
    Options
    Wait... what?
    "My fanjita is dripping sweat, but my face is looking FIERCE!"
    All that matters.

I guess that rosy glow you get from actual exercise isn't enough for ya, huh?
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    The way I sweat, I'd end up looking like Alice Cooper if I wore my regular makeup to exercise.

Maybe a little lip color and eyeliner pencil on the top lashes if I'm running a race and going to be photographed. Hey, if I can't win, I at least don't want to look like death crossing the finish line!
  • SaltyPlusSweet
    Options
    just eyeliner and mascara
  • JessyJ03
    JessyJ03 Posts: 627 Member
    Options
    I never wear make-up. I am a lazy hobo. Also, foundation is gross.

+1

Personally I think it's silly to wear makeup to work out. This is you time why are you doing something for someone else (makeup is never for u... it's for other people IMO). I also can't stand those who wear a lot of perfume or cologne. Stinks worse than body odor! lol.

To each their own though. If you feel like you need it.... well then wear it. I just don't bother with makeup 95% of the time, working out or not.
  • scorpio61
    scorpio61 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I never wear makeup to work out and if I have it on I take it off:)
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    Personally I use makeup everyday since I was 14 years old. I only don't wear if I'm going to the beach, but I'll still wear a lipstick. But if I'm going running with a friend, I'll at least wear foundation and lipstick.
    I know it's probably not a very good judgement because when you work out you sweat and because you wear makeup your pores are clogged.

But everyone's opinion is different so do you mind wearing makeup during a physical activity or not?

since you were 14? so what, every day for the last year and a half??

tumblr_lscmiceflk1r16pi6o1_500.gif
  • scorpio61
    scorpio61 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I lke your post made me laugh:)
  • sleepytexan
    sleepytexan Posts: 3,138 Member
    Options
    Depends on the workout, and where I'm coming from. I usually wear at least minimal brown eyeliner across the top lids, and mascara everywhere I go.

Unless it's already on from an earlier event, I don't wear makeup for paddleboarding, swimming, or spin.

Minimal makeup: road cycling, lifting, dance classes where I am the student

Full makeup: dance classes where I am the teacher

Stage makeup: dance performances

EDIT: I do full-on hair, dress, and dance shoes (heels) for ballroom/latin classes too. On stage, people!
  • blonde71
    blonde71 Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    Nay. I workout alone and at home so nobody sees me anyway, lol.
  • angelalf1979
    angelalf1979 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    What a waste of makeup! If you're not sweating your *kitten* off from working out, you're not doing it right...
  • JessyJ03
    JessyJ03 Posts: 627 Member
    Options
    What a waste of makeup! If you're not sweating your *kitten* off from working out, you're not doing it right...

so true.
  • cdngirl71
    cdngirl71 Posts: 2,707 Member
    Options
    If I workout in the morning, no but if after work then yes as I don't wipe it off before I start working out. Although the only make up I wear is mascara, eyeliner and powder cover-up. So it's not much anyways.
  • sleepytexan
    sleepytexan Posts: 3,138 Member
    Options

Make up Forever - stays on through any performance. And yes, you'd sweat your *kitten* off if you did one of my classes right.
  • 3foldchord
    3foldchord Posts: 2,918 Member
    Options
    YAY- if you want
    NAY- i f you don't

Me: I don't even wear make up on a daily basiis.
    If I am going to church, or somewhere other than the post office or store, I wear mascara and lipgloss.
    I'm just not fond ot it. so I don't wear it. But if you are, then do wear it if you want, (though I advise against for the whole sweat/clogged poor issue- get some handy dandy face wipe thingies maybe)