BODY BY VI - ANYONE TRYING?

Options
I've been on Body by Vi for 2.5 weeks now and have lost back and forth between 4 - 5.5 pounds. I'm at 178 and need to lose another 28 pounds to reach my goal weight.

I like the taste of the shakes and to be honest, like the convenience of a quick breakfast and lunch. I have been eating protein and fruit for snacks in between meals and eat a good and healthy dinner. Weight loss is slow, but I'm not hungry and haven't been pushing myself at the gym like I could/should be either. At least I'm going! :-)

Anyone else on this or try it? I am not selling it. I bought it off of Amazon when a couple of friends seemed to be having great success with it (I didn't even buy it from them!).

I realize this isn't how I want to survive the rest of my life (eating 1-2 shakes a day), however, it is helping me get motivated and started. I'm probably more addicted to MFP than BBV, however. I'm on here almost every day reading success stories and before and after pics to keep my chin up.

Anyone?

Replies

• escloflowneCHANGED
    escloflowneCHANGED Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    u32DH.gif

Wait for it!!!
  • TRACYROADMAN
    Options
    I did it strict for one month and lost 35 pounds. I quit taking them because it was to expensive and have gained 25 pounds in a month :( so they do work but if you go off and go back to normal eating you will gain it back.
  • mandybledsoe
    mandybledsoe Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I was taking it for about a month, I wasn't working out like I should have been and I started gaining weight. So I don't know how well it works when you work out on it. Just make sure you go to the gym while taking it :)
  • taquishat
    taquishat Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I did it for 1 month, I like the idea of a quick breakfast or lunch don't get me wrong but you still would have to be careful with what you eat and still do exercise. I was going to start back but right now the money isn't right.. Good Luck
  • mscarreen09
    Options
    I haven't tried Body By Vi. I've heard it slows down metabolism.
  • iMischievious
    iMischievious Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I'm drinking the shakes usually 2 times a day with a regular 1200-1600cal intake per day. I've been working out 4-6 times a week (and I try to eat back most of my workout cals) and I find the shakes are really great for a boost post-workout. I'm working hard on my water intake, around 6-9 large glasses a day which combined with the sakes, and the diet, has significantly improved my digestion problems. I feel great, I'm looking better! I'm no longer iron deficient, my skin is nicer and I have more energy throughout the day. I think the vitamins and minerals in the shakes have helped my over-all health - (I'm not good with swallowing a ton of vitamins!)
    I'd be weary of living strictly off the shakes without food because of the potential weight-gain once reintroducing food, but I think added to a low-saturated fat diet, editing a lot of sugars and high-fructose laced foods is a really good way to encourage weight loss and a healthy working system! --I don't sell it, or advocate it. Just sharing my experience with it. I'm holding off for a few more weeks before I weigh-in.(Been on the diet with shakes for 2 weeks) But my pants are drooping - so my effort and labour does not appear to be in vain! Good luck. :)
  • emilysuelemus
    emilysuelemus Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Ive been on it since jan 2012...I dont sell it, but I love the nutritional value, the taste, the convience, has kept my blood sugars intact and im weaning my meds. I havnt been able to do any physical exercises except swimming this summer...lost 30 llbs so far, not real good keeping to the 1200 cal more like 1400-1600 most days, but I love them!! Ive noticed drop in inches mostly as well.good luck.
  • Martha_Joy
    Options
    I've HAD the shakes since July 2011. I've been USING the shakes since August 2011... inconsistently. I do bounce back and forth 5-10 lbs when I'm not using them, but I get back on them then. They are free for me, so why not? They don't slow down your metabolism. Quite the opposite. I do know that I have to learn to eat and live healthy and not just rely on a product--no matter how good for you it might be. The purpose of the shakes are to help you reach a goal--like any meal replacement, you have to learn to live healthy so you can eventually stop relying on them to do it for you.

Hang in there with them. Be consistent. Meet your Challenge. Gather others to join you for support and accountability. You can do this with them or you can do this without them. The choice is yours... but choose and stay with it. You CAN do it!!! God bless!
  • Martha_Joy
    Options
    I saw that some people use them and gained weight instead of losing. A dear friend of mine had the same experience. I challenged her to stick it out for 30 days. She did and started shredding inches; then weight. She was working out a lot but her body was weak. The shakes are protein shakes and meant for losing weight and for building lean muscle. She's quite pleased with how her body is leaning and toning. She loves the energy she gets from them.

They must be used as meal replacement to lose weight. Some people think they shake is what makes you lose... it's how you use the shake as a tool that will allow you to lose. If you take it along with your 3 meals a day... well... you will gain. You also MUST eat and you must eat snacks too to help keep your metabolism moving right.
  • trojanbb
    trojanbb Posts: 1,297 Member
    Options
    ripoff pyramid selling scam
  • yngone
    yngone Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    :love: Love it!.....Works for me,....... been using 2 shakes of ViSalus per day for 6 weeks now and have lost 16 lbs so far. Using it as a tool to retrain my metabolism for weight loss......... It can be used for bulking up and body sculpting as well. Great Protein supplement. Love the product.

I have not tried selling it, but I'm sure I will be approached when others see the results first hand, and want to know what I'm doing!
    I would love to get my product for free....sounds good to me.

I agree, you definitely need to learn proper eating and exercise habits for the long haul to maintain your results. But its a great tool for helping you get there!
  • totheextreme
    Options
    16 pounds in six weeks is GREAT! I weighed today at the gym as this is my third week to the day of starting BBV and I have lost six pounds now (lost one pound this past week). I'm hoping a little more comes off in the next week, as two pounds in a week is certainly more motivating than one!

May I friend you and could you keep me posted on your progress?
  • totheextreme
    Options
    Emily....thirty pounds? That aini't nothing to sneeze at! That is fantastic! You keep going girl. I say, if it works for you, do it. As long as something is working for me, I don't listen to any negative feedback about the BBV program. I'd love to watch your progress....may I friend you?
  • totheextreme
    Options
    Mischievious....can we watch each other's progress? Helps to have a buddy that's been on it about the same amount of time.
  • totheextreme
    Options
    DANG, Tracy! That is awesome! I know it SEEMS like it is expensive, but if I compare how much I would spend eating out at lunch, that balances it out for me, so I'm really not spending any more dinero. I can tell you I am spending a lot of moolah on eggs and string cheese and fruit though!
  • totheextreme
    Options
    Are you still doing BBV? I've been absent for a few months and am just getting disgusted enough with myself to get back in the game again.

Jackie
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!