Exercise now feeling sick

Options
I just got done doing some 20 min cardio. I haven't done exercise in a long time and it was intense. Now I'm feeling sick. Could that be to much to soon? Should I just stick to my walking or will this pass? Willing to take anyones advice. :sad:

Replies

• JessyJ03
    JessyJ03 Posts: 627 Member
    Options
    What does "feeling sick" mean? Stomach? Head?

What kind of cardio are you doing?

Did you eat enough?

Drink enough before and during your exercise?

Are you healthy? (Diabetes, High blood pressure? anything like that)

Not enough info to give you good advice!
  • JoniBologna
    JoniBologna Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    A little nauseous after a hard work out isn't all the uncommon. However, if you are feeling faint, dizzy, or weak, then that is definitely not good. If the latter is the case make sure you're fueling yourself enough before/after workouts.
  • CowgirlKimi
    CowgirlKimi Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    HYDRATE! Have some protein, too! :-)
  • mariselaalves
    mariselaalves Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I have diabetes, hbp, and I was feeling nausea. It was the biggest loser the workout dvd that I did for 20 min phase 1 cardio. I was under my calories count by 300+. So I snacked on a glass of fat free milk and ate a granola thin. I am feeling much better now though after snacking on that. Your advice is very much welcomed. Maybe I need to change how I do something. This is only my 3rd day doing this. Thank you guys for your advice. :smile:
  • Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,564 Member
    Options
    If you exhaust the muscle and feel the lactic buildup then this is normal.
    I feel sick after every workout if I'm doing high Rep work.
    Drink water.
    you'll be fine.
  • JessyJ03
    JessyJ03 Posts: 627 Member
    Options
    Was the milk before your work out? I know milk carries a lot of sugar and your feeling could be coming from the spike in blood sugar.

Just know your limits. If it is unbearable or you feel like you are going to pass out, then stop. Make sure you don't do too much too fast. This could lead to injury.

Also if you haven't exercised in awhile I know getting your HR going above what it's used to can be a major shock to the body.
  • sunsetwest
    sunsetwest Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    i get hypoglycemic symptoms during workouts - even yoga - if i don't have enough fuel. a handful of raw almonds drizzled with honey about 20 minutes before a workout is perfect for me. a small banana is also good, but it can spike it too much if too big.
  • moran1917
    moran1917 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    When I was re-introducing exercise into my life I had the same issue you are describing. I just kept trying my best and after about a week I adjusted and did not feel sick anymore. But it did get better each time.
  • Darlingir
    Darlingir Posts: 437
    Options
    That happened to me early on in my work outs... not so much any more
  • knk1553
    knk1553 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    This happens to me during certain workouts, especially my HIIT workouts... but I've been working out for a while, and I always feel like HIIT makes you want to vomit haha. I've also thrown up during practices for sports before...especially on-land days for swim team, or days when we were in trouble, but like I said, I was a conditioned athlete then, so it was a tiny bit different.

I would say just listen to your body, push yourself, but the moment you start to feel dizzy then stop. If you're uncomfortable with the nausea or really do think you're going to throw up, then either slow your pace down or stop. I say stick with it and you'll notice it going away. Make sure you're hydrating enough before and during your workout! The best thing to do if you feel dizzy is to either sit with your head inbetween your knees, or lay down on your back with your feet in the air, definitely make sure you get to sitting/laying. Passing out and hurting yourself isn't fun and can be really dangerous.
  • Melwillbehealthy
    Melwillbehealthy Posts: 893 Member
    Options
    I just got done doing some 20 min cardio. I haven't done exercise in a long time and it was intense. Now I'm feeling sick. Could that be to much to soon? Should I just stick to my walking or will this pass? Willing to take anyones advice. :sad:

The exact same thing happens to me when I start exercising after a time away from it. It will pass. Each time will get better and you will soon be able to do intense exercise without feeling ill. I exercised today after not doing much for 6 months, and had to stop after 25 min. on the eliptical and switch to the bike as I felt so awful.
  • Josephina57
    Josephina57 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    did you take a blood sugar reading after exercising? It will make it drop and you need to make sure you eat before and after.
  • mariselaalves
    mariselaalves Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for your input and advice. =):happy: