In need of support!!

Options
1st time I have ever posted. I have been using MFP for some time, haven't really lost any weight but really haven't been to serious about it until now. Just started P90X Lean last week and realize that my calorie in take is going to be very important. So, here I am as you see my weight loss tracker says 0. Hopefully that will change in the next couple of weeks. Trying to lose 15lbs. Doesn't sound like much but when you 4'11 and have no waist, it looks like a huge muffin top.

Replies

• divid
    divid Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I'm the same as you... been on here for a while but just getting serious now. I have some of the p90x disks..as soon as I get used to cardio and exercising more I'm going to start them. They definitely look motivating. Good luck! Feel free to add me!!
  • cmeroar68
    cmeroar68 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I, too, have been a 'member' for quite some time, and have just gotten, or trying to really hard to, wrap my head around sticking to getting about 10lb off. Doesn't matter how much you have to lose, it's still hard work and commitment. I know the calorie thing is a bit challenging for me. Not to mention the exercising part. I am just REALLY lacking that motivation. Infact I sit here checking out the message boards instead of getting in the basement and getting on the EFX.
    Okay.....but I am going now to do just that....burn some calories....not that I have even eaten enough calories yet....
  • joalex15
    joalex15 Posts: 3
    Options
    Thanks, My husband tells me that P90x will help with your cardio if you are trying to run or doing race walking. I have loved the first week of P90X. I chose the lean version because it is not as intense as the classic version. I think I need to build up to the classic version.
  • joalex15
    joalex15 Posts: 3
    Options
    Go burn those calories!! I have completed my work out for the day and now its time to eat. I haven't tracked my food today because I know I haven't eaten enough. Why is it so hard to realize you actually need to meet your calorie goal?
  • divid
    divid Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I think I have the right disks to do the lean version but I have to check...they're my brothers and he took some of them out of the country with him so for now I'm going to start adding in the ones I have here. I think maybe starting off with two disks a week or something. I do have power90 as well..which came out first and is definitely less intense but i think its not intense enough to motivate me lol. I think the lean version would be awesome. looking forward to seeing how you find it! =)
  • JeffInBuckeyeNation
    JeffInBuckeyeNation Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    You will be surprised at how fast it can go when you do take it seriously. I dropped 25 pounds in my first month and am at 58 pounds in six months now.

Go for it, we've got your back!
  • baabaabetsy
    Options
    Hi! I've done P90X and by the end I was lean and looked great! I've never tried the lean version but I bet it's just as good. I'd like to be your friend and watch your progress! :)
  • KCC12627
    KCC12627 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Congratulations to you for getting started... I just started this week as well.... I finally go so frustrated with myself. I want to lose 50 lbs over the year for long term goal... but 10 pounds by my birthday in September..... Let's motivate each other.
  • cmeroar68
    cmeroar68 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I know I keep getting told I am not eating enough calories, and am trying to work on eating them all at a natural pace. I refuse to eat all the remaining calories I have left when it's 8 or 9 o'clock at night. Surely THAT cannot be healthy! So, I opt to just let the calories go. I'm going to try harder tomorrow, but need to save a good amount for dinner because I am going out to eat. I don't enjoy going out when I have to fret about the caloric intake.
    Hope you had a good dinner! AND keep up the great work. I think it's great you are doing the P90X. I'm not sure I would cut it! =o)
  • ajune77
    ajune77 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    This is the first time I have posted as well. I also have been using mfp for a while and I am getting more into watching what I eat and what my family eats. I welcome as much support as possible only because I can get off track very easily! So, you definately have abundant support!
  • abbylanes
    abbylanes Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies,

I'm 47, and need to lose 20-30 pounds. I too, have the P90x dvd set. I've been trying to get motivated and consistent with those tapes. Add me if you want, maybe we can support each other. ;):smile:

I'm 5'7", mother of two children.

Abby:smile: