Cardio or strenght training?

Options
2»

Replies

• Tony_Brewski
    Tony_Brewski Posts: 1,376 Member
    Options
    7 days a week I do 1 hour cardio 1 hour strength training including a solid core workout every day.
  • Tony_Brewski
    Tony_Brewski Posts: 1,376 Member
    Options
    Theres a lot of mixed reviews on this subject of how to do more reps lower weights less reps with more weight...

I go for muscle failure myself. I start low and do sets of 10 reps until the weights go to where I can't push, pull or lift. Some days I just do light weights just to keep it active.

Personal choice all around on this one. To ensure no injuries happen. Youtube works great for this, or ask away at the gym. Most people at the gym will be more than happy to 'show off'.

The hardest part is ... what do you want to strengthen? Are there Key areas? Or is it everything? Find a set that works for you, try different exercises and see what works best for your. I've tried dozens and now I only do 1-3 of each type rather then spending hours focusing on just arms, or legs.
  • evilmonkee
    evilmonkee Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Normally: 3 days of heavy lifting followed by 20-30 min of HIIT, 2 easy runs outside, 1 longer run or a long hike, 1 day of butt-to-couch melding

Past 4 weeks, and next 12 weeks (I'm training for a full with the possibility that I might end up just doing a half, depending on my work schedule, and I want to make sure I don't aggravate an old injury):
    2 days of heavy lifting+ HIIT, 1 easy active recovery day (swimming, yoga, walking, elliptical, easy run- I just use it to loosen up and improve blood flow to aid recovery), 1 mid-distance run, 1 tempo or hill run, 1 long run, 1 day of rest
  • blonde71
    blonde71 Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    Four days of strength training. I'm trying to bulk right now so I'm limiting my cardio to 10-15 minutes at the end of the weight lifting.
  • mariannerenoir
    Options
    I'm a strenght training junkie, I love to lift but practically I have no endurance - therefore now it's 5-6 days of cardio for me (some of them are HIIT, some of them are steady state).
    Partly because it's a nice change of pace, partly because I desperately need to work on that endurance, and partly because I'm at home now which makes going to the gym very hard.

Apart from that I have plenty of muscle, I just need to shed the fat that hides it :-D
  • PeterThompson
    Options
    mix it up as long as you can so you can still achieve what you wanted and maintain what you already had http://bestadjustabledumbbellsreviews.com
  • ptak1sm
    ptak1sm Posts: 172
    Options
    6 days of cardio, 4-5 days of abs, 3 days of strength training (target muscle groups). I'm working on cutting fat, so on days with no strength training (save for abs), I do an extra half hour of cardio. We'll see how that changes once I hit my goal.
  • kdennis50
    kdennis50 Posts: 2
    Options
    Daily 10 mile bike ride.
    M-W-F Strength Training.