What are some great tasting protein shakes and/or bars?

Options

Replies

• pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    I love love love Myofusion cinnamon roll! Great for pancakes too =)
    You should try Trutein's CinnaBun. I like it a little more than Gaspari's. What I like about TruNutrition Sciences is that they disclose how much whey (40%), casein (40%) and eggs (20%) they use. You can order samples through their website:

http://truscience.com/samples.html

Acg just gave me this link earlier today. I've already ordered samples for like 4-5 different flavors!
  • gpstrucker
    gpstrucker Posts: 930 Member
    Options
    I like the Jillian MIchaels Triple Chocolate Whey Protein Shake powder either in water or (better) almond milk. Very tasty.
  • addict3
    addict3 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    If you are having By-pass surgery, you NEED Whey Isolate, It is more easily absorbed (faster) by the body so you get more of it. You should join a forum like Thinnertimes and learn from people who know. Most here don't know anything about what you will need. You can friend me if you want and I'll help you out.
  • Heather_Rider
    Heather_Rider Posts: 1,159 Member
    Options
    BODY BY VI!!! taste just like cake batter!
  • dougt333
    dougt333 Posts: 697
    Options
    I'm using Nutrilite. Their amazing, and have a wide selection of bar flavors.
  • losermomof3
    losermomof3 Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    I REALLY like Jillian Michael's Vanilla Whey Protein Mix w/ Silk Dark Chocolate Almond Milk. Those 2 together= GREATNESS in a cup:)

Me too!
  • StatHaldol
    StatHaldol Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    I really like Nature's Plus Spiruitein powder. You can get it at most health food stores and there are lots of flavors to choose from. Most stores have individual pouches to let you try before you spend your money on a whole can.

I make mine with almond milk, ice, a frozen banana, and frozen blueberries.
  • imlik
    imlik Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I just started eating Pure Protein peanut butter&chocolate bars. I like them and they have 20 grams of protein per bar, only 2 grams of sugar.

I like the Pure Protein ones too, only my favorite are the Chocolate Deluxe. Low fat, low sodium, low sugar, decent calories as far as protein bars go, and 20 grams protein. I love those suckers.
  • halliedoll
    halliedoll Posts: 171
    Options
    I love cliff bars! Their white chocolate macadamia nut flavor as well as their crunchy peanut butter flavor are great!
  • Rayman79
    Rayman79 Posts: 2,009 Member
    Options
    I might be missing something here so please don't take this as me passing judgement, but if you are on a high protein and low calorie diet, shouldn't you be looking at lean food choices to get your protein from that will give you more satiety than bars and shakes?
  • Debbe2
    Debbe2 Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    Pure Protein bars, Adkins Advantage Protein Bars, Syntrax Nectar protein powders are great and ON all natural protein powder chocolate. Also Premiere Protein Drink is delicious and convenient from SAMs and Costco.
  • possibri
    possibri Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    ThinkThin High Protein Bars are great, there are both sugar-free (which are the high protein) and low-sugar (not quite as much protein) options. I personally prefer the sugar-free chunky peanut butter kind.
  • greatwood1
    greatwood1 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I like Luna bars too. The high fiber raspberry chocolate is good for breakfast or a quick snack with a little fruit.
  • sydnisd183
    sydnisd183 Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    Pure Protein bars are pretty good, also Supreme Protein bars (there were a bunch in the clearance bin at Walmart in Houston for .75..not sure if all Walmarts put the same thing on clearance)

tonight I just finished having a serving of Fage 2% plain greek yogurt. I stirred in a scoop of Target brand whey protein in vanilla and added a splash of sugar free vanilla Torani syrup, was yummy
  • donaldphussey
    Options
    Designer Whey! Both chocolate and vanilla are great.

I got a bunch of the powder recently to save cash, but the bottled shakes taste better.

http://designerwhey.com/products/shakes/

Yum.
  • geekyjock76
    geekyjock76 Posts: 2,720 Member
    Options
    Be mindful of the Think Thin bars since they use 14g of the sugar alcohol, Maltitol which, for some people causes serious gastric discomfort and bloating. I ate a Think Thin bar and I had so much gas I looked like I was carrying triplets.
  • laureen8885
    laureen8885 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Isopure!! To me they taste like koolaide. I add water not milk because their fruity, zero carb, zero sugar! A women should have 15-20g at one time/sitting for protein to be properly digested completely and not stored, so I use a tsp in a half glass. And just that tsp is around 75 calories. They come in tasty flavored too! Pineapple orange banana, alpine punch and mango peach! Bit pricey but one 3lb tub last me a few mOnths for $50. I also eat the Pure Nutrition protein bars as well just before I workout.
  • Monny287
    Monny287 Posts: 109
    Options
    I've been drinking Odwalla Protein Monster shakes to help reach my BMR. They're delicious, and one servng (a 12 oz bottle) has 20-25 g. of protein. Where I am, they're a little expensive for my budget ($2.79-$2.99 a bottle), so I'm looking for other alternatives, but they are yummy! They're about 290-350 calories a bottle, which I like, but might be a dealbreaker for you. Other varieties of Odwalla are 190 calories or less, but I'm not sure of the protein content in them.
  • divinexheirocity
    divinexheirocity Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I'm too lazy to read through to see if all of this has been mentioned. But here ya go:

Shakes: Premier Nutrition (avail at Costco) - Chocolate, Atkins shakes all taste pretty good (Milk Choc Delight is my fave), Odwalla and Naked shakes (all types, all delish). Quest bars are my all time favorite (low carb too)
  • MrsB123111
    MrsB123111 Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    Bump