Coffee vs. Tea

Options
I know tea is more healthier than coffee, and they both have some pros and cons to them. But would you say tea wakes you up better than coffee or is it the other way around?

Replies

• momtokgo
    momtokgo Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    I don't know which one wakes you up better, because I only drink tea. I've had sips of coffee, and hated it every time. So I stick to tea. Yum.
  • davidsgirl145
    davidsgirl145 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    i love them both...but i want coffee in the morning and tea at night (caffine free tea). Coffee wakes me up more and helps ''move things along''. lol
  • froeschli
    froeschli Posts: 1,292 Member
    Options
    Depends on the tea...
    I see coffee and tea as two different beasts altogether - i like my coffee 50/50 with milk (yeah, there will be plenty of people opposed to that i bet), and tea i like anything fruity - breakfast blends or green tea are not on my menu :wink:
    Within reason you can have both. That's my philosophy.
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    I don't drink coffee because it makes me jittery. Tea helps wake me up, without being too much.
  • sunsetwest
    sunsetwest Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    coffee seems to jolt me more but drops off more quickly. i tend to have a more steady burn from tea. mate has about the same caffeine content as coffee. black teas are pretty powerful, too. as far as caffeine content, next-strongest is pu-erh (aged black tea), then oolong, green then white. i know there are more, but that's the gist.
  • davidsgirl145
    davidsgirl145 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I recently bought a box of green tea that came straight from Japan. Then I freaked out thinking it was full of radiation from the fall out over there and pitched it. Oh well, so i may have over reacted... better that radioactive! :laugh:
  • VogtAndrea
    VogtAndrea Posts: 236
    Options
    I love a skim milk latte. I make the odd one here for myself at home too. But I drink black coffee first thing in the morning then switch to GOOD tea.
    Love black, green, white teas and even the odd cup of rooibos tea. I love earl grey tea too with milk AND sweet (BAD ME, so I don't drink it these days)
    But they're different drinks altogether. :flowerforyou:
  • bestshiratakinoodles
    Options
    i like to have Tea in morning !!