I need encouragment!! I keep starting then stopping

Options
2»

Replies

• Hou_LH
    Hou_LH Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I am new here and ready to help encourage you! I might suggest that you could be starting and stopping because you have set yourself up for a work out you aren't ready for. Maybe you should start off with something slightly less intense that you can get yourself to commit to.

Best of luck! Feel free to add me, I need as much help as I can get too. :)
  • Dr229
    Dr229 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I UNDERSTAND PLEASE FEEL FREE TO ADD ME AS A FRIEND. YOUR STORY MADE ME SMILE BECAUSE I KNOW EXACTLY WHAT YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT AND HOW YOU FEEL.
  • jamime
    jamime Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    feel free to add me. The fact that you started is a big step and are looking for motivation/support is another step. I understand about wanting to lose weight for you and your child - I am doing the same thing for me and my son. Maybe start out with doing walks with your daughter, even if its only for twenty mins - its a start. Sometimes it hard to continue after a few weeks but push through those tiring moment and tell yourself "You can do it"! :)
  • sweetsarahj
    sweetsarahj Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    Everyone has good advice, I especially agree with those who say start slowly :) If you can make small changes that you can stick with, you might find it easier to cope with. Remember it's not a race!

But also think of where you'd be now if you'd committed yourself 6 months ago...... that reminder might help you stick to it more!
  • back4good
    back4good Posts: 17
    Options
    Same here! My user name is "back4good" - for good reason. To remind myself that it's time to get real and permanent in this effort to achieve a higher level of well-being and good health! We are all worthy!!!

Anything is possible with consistency and determination. Establishing one good habit at a time will move us in the right direction, especially if we've been trying to make progress for years (like me!). Here are basics that I'm personally working on now:

1 - Try to track food daily - no matter what - good, bad or ugly (I'm still trying to conquer this one as I tracked only 4 out of 7 days last week but I still lost 1.5LBs, so that was good!)

2 - Assuming you are cleared to exercise, try to do some form of exercise most days. Even if it's only a 30 minute walk, just get in the habit of doing something. (I took Sunday off and enjoyed knowing that I had done something every other day and really deserved it!)

3 - Try to plan your meals /snacks at least a day in advance (as others have suggested). I'm always looking for healthy and reasonable meal plans I can follow so I don't have to reinvent the wheel. Not knowing how to put a meal plan together nor taking the time to shop in advance to have the ingredients on hand is what has gotten me overweight in the first place... I'm also trying to eliminate proessed foods when I am able.

Even though my weight is not where I'd like it to be, I find that I'm not mentally beating myself up any more. I can rest my mind and feel empowered knowing that I'm taking steps for positive change instead of feeling bad/sad or a victim of circumstances.

Hope this helps! Good luck!

B4G
  • Temple_Fit
    Temple_Fit Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    I'm really not being mean spirited when I say this but: you don't need encouragement you need motivation. We can encourage you all day long but you have to find that motivation within. Stop making excuses as to why you can't do something and find a way to get it done. Where there is a will, there is a way. You say you want your stamina back but what are you will to do to get it back. You want to eat healthy, start buying health food. I understand the tight budget but a bag of baby carrots cost less than a bag of potato chips. It is all about right decision making. You can do this but you have to be ready to make the commitment, be motivated and dedicated to making a lifestyle change. Good Luck with your journey.
  • iluvmyhoneys
    Options
    i have the same problem!! Its so hard to get into the routine!!
  • ndwyer0910
    ndwyer0910 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I didn't see the barcode scanner. I have it on the android. Where would I be able to get it on there? That would be awesome!
  • 80zgrl
    80zgrl Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. The more the merrier : )