UH OH. Cottage Weekend.

Options
So some friends and I are going to a cottage this weekend. It basically consists of drinking cold beer all day, relaxing, BBQs, and repeat. I know im going to mess up, but i would like for it to be a little less regretful. Anyone have tips or can share personal experiences!!!?
p.s i cant even go for a walk or run, bugs basically chase and attack you the entire time once you step foot onto the dirt roads :(!

Replies

• coliema
    coliema Posts: 7,646 Member
    Options
    Is there water around there?

When I went to our camp, we drank, sat around a campfire, had BBQ'd food, etc. I stayed under my calorie goal because we also took swims in the afternoon, it burns a ton of calories. If I have a bad weekend, I make up for it the following weekend if I can't do anything about it, and I also try to limit myself with the BBQ and beer as much as I can. Don't feel guilty, I'm sure you deserve a little treat weekend!
  • Dahllywood
    Dahllywood Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    I say just enjoy the weekend. I usually give myself a break on vacations, and I say this qualifies.
    But, that doesn't mean go overboard! Just have fun :)
  • keepitcroosh
    keepitcroosh Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Yeah i dont know, i like eating clean healthy food. It tastes awesome and i know its good for me. Im not the one who is going to be doing the cooking, so i'm worried. They even make this AMAZING shrimp thing with tons of shrimp that is drenched in a few cups of melted butter and covered on top with a massive layer of cheese . Its my fave aha. I guess PORTIONS would be key. As for alcohol, i cant help it. I want to enjoy my summer! Does anyone know better alcohol options????????

Oh and yes the lake is behind the cottage! I might just force myself in! (lots of seaweed where i would have to jump off into aha)
  • coliema
    coliema Posts: 7,646 Member
    Options
    Bloody Mary's are very low in calories and they are packed with nutrients.

Wine is the most calorie-friendly selection with about 20 calories per ounce. Each 5 ounce glass would be 100 calories, and that has no cholesterol, sodium or fat. True for both white and red eines. Sherry (a sweet wine) has 32 calories per ounce, just a little side info in case you drink that.

If you drink beer, drink a light beer, that will bring the calories down.

I use the site below for mixers, it's great and it breaks everything down so you can see where the calories are coming from;
    http://www.webmd.com/diet/features/low-calorie-cocktails?page=3
  • MelbourneBelle
    MelbourneBelle Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Don't forget the old alternate beer with water trick - it also helps keep skin from drying out adn wards off hangovers by maintaining hydration.
    If you are not cooking, can you offer to help with the clean up, washing dishes etc? This might give you an opportunity to move around while you do the clean up, burning up a few more cals in the process. Will there be music? If so, dancing is a great cal burner too.
    But all in all I agree with the others - have fun!
  • jesss5885
    jesss5885 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    miller 64 is a pretty good option. it's light, but i prefer it to mich ultra
  • Gwenski
    Gwenski Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    Don't know if you like Crystal light, but some of them make a great mix??? try one without alcohol alternating with one with a shot of something?
  • dzvinka82
    dzvinka82 Posts: 33
    Options
    I say just enjoy your weekend and don't worry to much about the dieting. I allow myself to indulge on weekends once in awhile, and haven't had any troubles with weight loss. Just make sure to get back on track when the weekend is over!

Have a good one :)
  • keepitcroosh
    Options
    Thank you all for the lovely ideas! I still plan on being bad, but i am at the point that i am sick of drinking on weekends, eating junk, etc . It happens every weekend so i don't find it as rewarding. I do think that after this weekend, i will stop drinking (maybe a Cesar here and there! But on rare occasion!) and eat well. My birthday is on August 19th and id like to feel good!
  • stephreed11
    stephreed11 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I say just try your best to keep everything in moderation & enjoy it!
  • keepitcroosh
    Options
    Well, today is the day! I will be eating good foods all day up until dinner time probably. Ive got a lot of things to do before i go so ill have to get started!! Wish me luck!
  • McLifterPants
    McLifterPants Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    I like Corona Light because they are only 99 calories but still taste like beer unlike things like MGD 64 (and if you throw a lime slice in there, you can barely notice the difference, haha). Just pace yourself, sip at a couple over the course of the day, maybe double-fist with a water bottle to slow you down ;)