Lacking Motivation

Options
I have been on a weightloss journey all my life. In March I have decided that enough is enough. I did really well tracking my food and exercise and lost a substantial amount of weight, but now I am struggling to stay on track. I have not lost any weight in a few months, but have not gained either. I have a wedding and a vacation coming up, and would like to lose about 10 pounds in the next 7 weeks, but can't get motivated (too much work and stress). What motivates you to stay on track?

Replies

• EvilMomma
    EvilMomma Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I got home last night from a long weekend with my sister during which I ate whatever I wanted to eat (without being a piggy). This morning I weighed myself, noted the lack of loss (but no gain) and started my ordinary routine of logging in everything I put in my mouth. Its not that I'm terrifically motivated, its that I do this thing one day at a time and I start over every damn morning. I give myself treats (non-food) for little goals (losing the next 2 pounds wins me a morning at a day spa). I look for the NSV's (non-scale victories) like being able to paint my toe nails without panting. When I want to go out for sushi I log into MFP first and plan what I'm going to order. I don't talk about my weight loss to anyone in my daily life, this is my journey and I am walking it alone. No one got me fat and no one but me is going to get me un-fat. I'd wish you good luck, but luck has nothing to do with it... You can do it if you just don't give up, don't cheat, and see this as a life style change and not a punishment.
  • ehalps26
    ehalps26 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    i can say recently i stopped logging because i wanted to be like everyone else i saw stuffing their face and not caring what they ate. what did that lead to? me binging constantly, would eat past being full, and almost becoming obsessed with food. i wasnt working out either which was doubly worse. i was mentally burned out, loved the great food i was eating, but felt horrible as a person.

once i started logging again and working out i really appreciated how i felt and there was no guilty feelings with food. the binging stopped because i didnt want to "ruin" my diary for the day. just literally have to take each day one minute at a time, be very aware of how you feel, and enjoy the food you eat! for me when i log i appreciate food so much more, every single bite i love haha.

you need a good support team and this is a perfect platform for it. i know for me, yeah sure, i was in phenomenal shape about 2 months ago but what did i lack? motivation. support. and that ultimately led me to my demise and downfall.

add me for support! I can help!