Help!

Options
I am trying to work on obtaining slender thighs. Any tips for staying on the Stairmaster longer than three minutes?

Replies

• shavon007
    shavon007 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    cover the mins up with a towel and make a playlist of your favorite workout songs.
  • lhabedank
    lhabedank Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    just go a little bit longer each time, 1-5 mins extra each time and you WILL get there.
  • misslexii
    misslexii Posts: 19
    Options
    cover the mins up with a towel and make a playlist of your favorite workout songs.

Definitely agree with this point.
    Try finding a song you LOVE that goes for three and a half minutes.
    Then a song that goes for four, then four and a half and so on.
    Build it up.
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Options
    Focus on your diet and give it time. You could spend 24 hours a day on the stairmaster and it won't make a difference if your diet isn't in line.
  • Kellyr107
    Kellyr107 Posts: 43
    Options
    I TOTALLY agree that it is much easier when you ignore the time. In fact I cover the counter on my elliptical every day. :)
  • RobynMWilson
    RobynMWilson Posts: 1,540 Member
    Options
    Focus on your diet and give it time. You could spend 24 hours a day on the stairmaster and it won't make a difference if your diet isn't in line.

AMEN! I can't stand stairmasters or most cardio machines for that matter. The boredom kills me unless I have something good to watch on TV lol. Good luck! If you still can't stand it, don't give up! Try classes or cardio dvds...that's what I do!
  • Maddi_InBetweenDays
    Options
    When I started I could only do a couple minutes, but by doing it consistently and challenging yourself a little each time, you'll build up your endurance. I'm doing 20 mins now and it's great! Gives and awesome burn every time.
  • tlnurse
    tlnurse Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Forget the stairmaster! It's summertime....go walking outside in the morning or evening...and strive for a 4 mile walk in 1 hour! Enjoy the weather while you can (can you tell I live in Illinois!!!) LOL:laugh:
  • Tishia11
    Tishia11 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Thanks! However, it's burning up here in Texas, and that's before 8 a.m. :)
  • GweniePoo
    GweniePoo Posts: 11
    Options
    I just bought a used recumbant stationary bike. We can do this!