Insanity + more?

Options
Hello I'm new here! On my second month of Insanity and I'm wondering if anyone is doing it also, and if you only do the insanity workout or do you do other exercise as well?! Thanks In Advance

Replies

• JamirahMUA
    JamirahMUA Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • dilan0620
    dilan0620 Posts: 26
    Options
    I am doing Insanity, the second month, its such a strenuous workout (in my opinion) I just focus on this.....what are you thinking of adding?
  • JamirahMUA
    Options
    I am doing Insanity, the second month, its such a strenuous workout (in my opinion) I just focus on this.....what are you thinking of adding?

I'm not sure what to add...I'm definitely going to do more abs, and maybe some walking. I didn't see the results I wanted to in ruhr first month so I was thinking I need ti kick it up a notch!
  • Caligirl_92
    Caligirl_92 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Don't stress too much about not losing enough weight in month 1, month 2 defiantly makes up for it. I just finished my first round of insanity last Sunday and lost 20 pounds and that was strictly just insanity and eating healthy with logging calories on MFP. Now that I'm closer to my goal range ( 6 pounds to go to normal and not overweight!!!) I'm ready to kick it up and doing a second round of insanity but this time doing two exercises a day so it becomes a 30 day program instead of 60. Only a week in so we will see how this goes with month 2 exercises lol:laugh: But defiantly just eat good and finish your first round of insanity before adding anything else. Month 2 kicked my butt the first week or so and after the first day of month 2 i was gasping for air on the floor :happy:
  • Jenph20
    Jenph20 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Im on my second month and im also running :) I think if you feel like you can do more, go ahead, but i dont think its necessary. If you are looking for some extra motivation, I have a ladies only support group on fb. Send me a message if you're interested :)
  • suziecue66
    suziecue66 Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    Is the insanity on dvd? Is it on you tube?
  • JamirahMUA
    Options
    Don't stress too much about not losing enough weight in month 1, month 2 defiantly makes up for it. I just finished my first round of insanity last Sunday and lost 20 pounds and that was strictly just insanity and eating healthy with logging calories on MFP. Now that I'm closer to my goal range ( 6 pounds to go to normal and not overweight!!!) I'm ready to kick it up and doing a second round of insanity but this time doing two exercises a day so it becomes a 30 day program instead of 60. Only a week in so we will see how this goes with month 2 exercises lol:laugh: But defiantly just eat good and finish your first round of insanity before adding anything else. Month 2 kicked my butt the first week or so and after the first day of month 2 i was gasping for air on the floor :happy:
    [/quote
    Thanks I hope to see more results at the end like you :)...month 2 is really kicking my butt. I like your idea for the second round...i may try that when I'm done!
  • JamirahMUA
    Options
    Is the insanity on dvd? Is it on you tube?

It's a dvd
  • JamirahMUA
    Options
    Im on my second month and im also running :) I think if you feel like you can do more, go ahead, but i dont think its necessary. If you are looking for some extra motivation, I have a ladies only support group on fb. Send me a message if you're interested :)

Thanks I'll be messaging you!
  • GettingDBack
    GettingDBack Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I'm on my second round of insanity, finishing up my first week. I do insanity in the morning before work. Twice a week in the evenings I have karate class, it is not has intense as insanity. I aslo do extra ab work and lower body work with light weights. I don't do an extra cardio or upper body outside of my karate class.
  • rumpusparable
    Options
    I just started my first go at Insanity and will be doing other things, too. I love my Zumba classes twice a week so will still be aiming to hit those, plus a couple other classes I enjoy that I'll consider optional but will probably attend on and off.

I did the first Plyometrics Circuit Training yesterday and it was really intense, but a few hours later I could've gone to another class, so when I feel like I can I will.
  • ncqueenbee
    ncqueenbee Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Month 2, Week 1 of Insanity. Around the middle of month 1, I began to hate it because I wasn't seeing the results I wanted. I'm more motivated going into my second month and hope to see some good results. I'm feeling a lot stronger, and a lot better.

I'm not doing anything other than Insanity right now, because I want to see what the program alone can do for me.

Feel free to friend me for support if you like.
  • Jennd3098
    Jennd3098 Posts: 30
    Options
    I'm currently doing a P90X/Insanity hybrid and I love it!
  • telcochik
    telcochik Posts: 1,643 Member
    Options
    I'm just doing Insanity and trying to follow the nutrition plan. Finishing up week 1 tomorrow. I've heard results don't really start appearing until the 2nd month so I am going to try hard not to become discouraged because I really want to complete the entire program before judging...plus I want my shirt!!!

Feel free to friend me if you want. I love supporting people and being part of a group!

Sharon
  • 916lude
    916lude Posts: 305
    Options
    Hello I'm new here! On my second month of Insanity and I'm wondering if anyone is doing it also, and if you only do the insanity workout or do you do other exercise as well?! Thanks In Advance

I finish up the program this Sunday with the fit test. Occasionally during the second month I would do two-three videos if I was feeling Insane. Also incorporated high intensity calisthenics and running. Sometimes after one of the MAX sessions, I still have the energy so I put on the sports intervals.. and if I still have the energy I move to Insane abs and then move on to pullups/pushups/etc.

Congrats on getting this far! Keep it up and DIG DEEPER!!!!
  • laneydawn
    laneydawn Posts: 64
    Options
    Im doing Insanity as well - just started this week but I really love it. Its intense on its own for sure, but I also get some walking in every day. But as long as we are getting our cardio in every day we're doing good! If you feel you can add more exercise - then good for you!
  • EmilyOfTheSun
    EmilyOfTheSun Posts: 1,548 Member
    Options
    Hi girly. I'm almost on week three of Insanity! I recently completed P90X, too. I don't do anything other than Insanity but I don't rest on the scheduled rest day of the week. I either use my elliptical, go for a run or pick a work out from On Demand :)
  • LovelyLibra79
    LovelyLibra79 Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    IM on day 17! add me
  • melissan84
    melissan84 Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    I am the second month right now. I have a week and half left before I finish. I will definitely being doing Round 2 in Aug 6.
  • JamirahMUA
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the advice! I'm finishing week 1 of month 2 today. I'm going to add some walking for now...i just feel like I'm not getting a hours enough workout sometimes because I can't do a lot of the push up/plank/arm work that's in this month. I'm still unable to hold my body weight and not seeing many results. Gonna such it out though and will definitely be doing a second round if month 2 at least!