3-400 calorie meals that fill you?

Options
Guys, I feel like i am a starving person. I try to get to the gym as often as i can, but its not as often as I'd like. I really need to stick to my calories for the day which is 1275-1300. So I am looking for good 300-400 calorie meals that stuff you guys. Also, can't contain fish as I am allergic. Please help!

Replies

• debussyschild
    debussyschild Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    Eat lots of green vegetables! You can pretty much have those at liberty. They have lot of fiber and will help you feel fuller longer. Add them to any meal. I've found that with my sugar intake being so low in my diet, I still get hungry, but I'm not starving. I'm also eating in the neighborhood of 2,000 a day, so... (but I don't eat back or tally up my exercise calories). Brown rice, also very filling, goes well with steamed vegetables :)
  • subcult
    subcult Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    You can try loading up on vegetables. ' try having 200 calories lunches and breakfast so you have more room in your dinner. Etc.
  • soonpass
    soonpass Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I know the feeling! Try prevention.com and fitnessmagazine.com for 300-400 cal meals. And of course do voluminous food lots of veggies, whole fruits (instead of juice) and things like that. On my way to bed but wanted to post the website suggestions. Good luck!
  • deedog007
    deedog007 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Exactly advice!! Not to mention sweet potatoes is also a good mix with green veggies.
    Eat lots of green vegetables! You can pretty much have those at liberty. They have lot of fiber and will help you feel fuller longer. Add them to any meal. I've found that with my sugar intake being so low in my diet, I still get hungry, but I'm not starving. I'm also eating in the neighborhood of 2,000 a day, so... (but I don't eat back or tally up my exercise calories). Brown rice, also very filling, goes well with steamed vegetables :)
  • KayeeDaisyBee
    Options
    Lean, skinless chicken breasts with a load of vegetables. Hard-boiled eggs with low-salt, low-sugar baked beans. Soup - my fave is minestrone or tomato. Even ramen noodles with veggies mixed in. Buy or make your own cooking sauces and then throw in a load of sliced peppers and lean meat or tofu. Right now i'm drinking a cup-a-soup for about 60-80 calories or something like that. Always keep water, gum and carrots/celery near you. Everytime you feel hungry and it's a while until your next meal eat a whole, raw carrot or celery or something like that...it'll stop the hunger but don't focus on masking hunger pangs too much. I'm a believer in listening to your body so if you're hungry, EAT, your body is letting you know what it needs when it makes you feel hunger like that.
    If you genuinely feel your calorie goal is too low, increase it. We need to listen to our bodies when they're full but also when they're not full enough. You need energy and that's what calories are. Remember to eat back those exercise calories when you're struggling too!
  • PAydt
    PAydt Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    STAY AWAY FROM BREADS, CRACKERS AND SALTY SNACKS!!
    DRINK AN 8OZ GLASS OF WATER 5 MINUTES BEFORE YOU EAT. THIS INCLUDES BEFORE YOUR SNACKS.

BREAKFAST;
    3 EGG WHITE OMELET WITH VEGGIES OR OATMEAL(NO MILK); ADD TO THIS MEAL STRAWBERRIES, BLUEBERRIES, BLACKBERRIES & RASPBERRIES (1CUP)

LUNCH OR DINNER
    CRAZY BOWLS & WRAPS: HIGH PROTEIN BOWL WITH DOUBLE WHITE CHICKEN WITH GINGER SAUCE. ADD CORN SALSA & HOT SAUCE. ADD BLACK, RED OR KIDNEY BEANS

CALDO TLALPENO - SHRIMP, BEEF & VEGGIE SOUP ADD A SIDE OF BEANS & HOT SAUCE. NO BREAD, TORTILLA'S OR CHIPS.

40Z OF CHICKEN BREAST SLICED MAKE INTO SANDWICH USING GREEN LETTUCE OR ROMAINE LEAFS. PROGRESSO LIGHT CHICKEN NOODLE SOUP WHOLE CAN.

SNACKS
    EAT AN APPLE 2.5 HOURS AFTER BREAKFAST AND LUNCH OR EAT RAW BROCOLLI TO FILL.

OTHER STUFF TO ADD.
    ALWAYS GRILL OR STIR FRY IN PAM OLIVE OIL SPRAY LIGHT.
    TO CHANGE UP AT MEALS EAT DIFFERENT VEGGIES: A GRILL OF MUSHROOMS, CAPERS, GARLIC & ONIONS USING PAM SPRAY ON THE TIN FOIL OR ADD GREEN BEANS PLAIN OR WITH THIS MIX; ASPARAGUS WORKS TOO.
    GO FOR A BIG BOWL OF BLACK, RED AND KIDNEY BEANS WITH HOT SAUCE. ADD MUSHROOMS, ONIONS, BLACK OLIVES, GARLIC TO TASTE.
  • reneealyse
    reneealyse Posts: 100
    Options
    I usually switch between two breakfasts that keep me full for longer - with these I am only just starting to get hungry at morning tea and a piece of fruit then will keep me until lunch. If I add a coffee or cup of tea with breakfast - I won't feel hungry until lunch.

1 - omelette. two eggs, little bit of milk, whisk together and pour into hot pan. pull the sides into the middle so the uncooked egg runs underneath then when it's close to cooked sprinkle small amount of cheese, tomatoes and mushrooms and any other veges you like over one half, then flip in half and serve. About 300 cals.

2 - Oats. I have instant oat sachets, I add water, zap them in the microwave, then add 100ml milk and sweetener (so I don't have brown sugar) then mix in some cinnamon. Sometimes I'll add apple pieces or sultanas before zapping. About 300 cals and that's including a coffee! (not incl the apple or sultanas). That's for one sachet serve which may be small for some but I find it fulls me well.

For other meals, sushi (not fish with chicken unless you can't have seaweed as well), soup - the chunky vegetable, homemade kind is best and most fulling, stirfry and salad sandwich with chicken or ham in either Freya's sandwich thins instead of bread or if you don't have those where you are in a pita pocket or wholemeal tortilla. Use low fat/fat free dressing and pack it with salad.

Hope these help
  • jackiebebby
    jackiebebby Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone! I appreciate it so much! I am going to try out some of these ideas tomorrow! <333
  • chasingpavements24
    chasingpavements24 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Bfast: 2 egg omelet (w/ 1 tsp butter, 1/2 serving feta cheese, and vegetables) + toast with 1/4 avocado + tea (400 calories)

Lunch: Salad with spinach, cucumbers, broccoli slaw, green pepper, feta cheese, 1 tb. tahini sauce, 1 sunshine burger (or chicken, tofu, tuna, beans, eggs, etc) and spiracha (325 calories)

Dinner: Whole wheat pasta with marinara sauce, vegetables, and 1/2 serving cheese (400 calories)
  • LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo
    LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo Posts: 3,634 Member
    Options
    Lean protein of all kinds
  • vger11
    vger11 Posts: 248
    Options
    coffee and almonds (raw/organic)

turkey wrapped in romaine

oatmeal w/cinnamon :tongue:
  • aprilgicker
    aprilgicker Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    Remember that is 1375-1200 once you eat you exercise cals.

you want the bottom number at the ed of the day to say 1375-1200.

so if you eat 1600
    and then exercise away 300-400 cals
    your bottom will be 1200-1300.

Also, your body doesn't know about 24 hours in a day. block yourself into a 3 day cycle. If you if in the last 3 days you averaged about 1300 cals a day you are good.
    it would look like this,
    1. 1800 -400
    2. 1400
    3. 1600 -400
    ave. 1333

RECIPES:
    1. fried rice
    precook brown rice. chill over night
    (should keep about 3 days without getting too dried out)
    next day
    cut up onions, mushrooms, cabbage(bok choy), bean sprouts.
    saute in olive oil, add low sodium soy sauce, and a pinch of Chinese 5 spice.
    set aside

slice up into SMALL pieces, chicken the size of a deck of cards. will be 3-4 oz cooked. cook quick to keep it tender, with salt and pepper.
    set aside

take crack open one egg in pan, scramble while it cooks, when almost done add rice. and tablespoon olive oil, low sodium soy sauce. let sit between stirring to brown the rice. top the set aside food and it will reheat it. while you get your ice water.
    I did not give you the measurements because of likes dislikes. But if done right you can make it to be about 500cals for a full plate of food.

2. creamed cauliflower and sausage
    1/2 head of cauliflower steamed
    add to blender or processor
    1/4 cup of LF milk/ cream, garlic to taste, salt, pepper, pinch of paprika,
    pulse until creamed

Slice 2 servings of of turkey kielbasi cook in pan until brown.

Serve with small side salad. With honey mustard dressing. again 400cals if you measure right.
    Ice water to drink.