Cheat Days? Do you record them?

Options
3foldchord
3foldchord Posts: 2,918 Member
If you have them that is.
I do. If I don't I end up binging down the road. They keep me sane, and keep my metabolism guessing...LOL. Just when iit is wndering if it should go into starvation mode, BAM! I hit with extra calories and it sayd "Look at that, I guess I DON'T need to go into starvation mode." that's what I tell myself anyway.

SO- for those that have cheat days- do you bothe recording them in your food diary here?

Yes, I know, tomorrow is only Day 3 for me here at MFP, but my son is making dinner for us- Pancake Buffet, Dudes!!! And as the awesome mom that I am, I need to fully support his desie to go into the culinary arts as a career...right??

Replies

• Arexxx
    Arexxx Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    I dont have assigned cheat days. But when I eat junk food or take out, I do record it. It motivates me to eat less of the bad food, because the "in 5 weeks you'll weigh..." function is so depressing when you've eaten a tub of icecream and a whole cake for dinner.

I usually only cheat once every few weeks. Your will power will get tougher as you go, trust me.
  • sunnyshine1313
    sunnyshine1313 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I have had unintentional cheat days, and I do record it all just to see what is in the foods and hopefully not have so much or if at all next time.
  • 3foldchord
    3foldchord Posts: 2,918 Member
    Options
    I plan everything. My next Cheat Day is July 27th.... LOL.. If I plan my cheat days, I can also plan to eat lighet the days surrounding it.
    I pre-record my days eating and exercise.... By pre-recording, it hoold me accountable. I will get ut of bed if I rememebr that I posted on Facebook or whateer, that I planned on doing my Piates workut, but forgot it till I crawled into bed.

I'm a bit pathetic.
  • lumina0o0
    lumina0o0 Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    I don't plan cheat days, I log what I eat every day, some days are better than others...
  • Rayman79
    Rayman79 Posts: 2,009 Member
    Options
    Nothing pathetic - per recording is a great strategy!

As for cheat days, I used to have them (when I was losing lots of weight and was eating far too little). Now I eat at a smaller deficit, but I eat Leangains style (8 hr feeding window each day), so it feels like everyday is a cheat day :bigsmile:
  • illuria
    illuria Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I pre-record when I know what I will make for dinner for instance, or if I always eat the same thing for certain meal. It does help me to keep in check. I do not plan cheat days, if I cheat, I log it. After seeing the "in 5 weeks .." part which is not so nice - I'll whine at myself and try better. But I realised quite quickly I have to be brutally honest of what I log - need to put down everything. Otherwise this won't work (at least for me personally). Also, adding calories only is a very bad idea, as I discovered after two weeks of MFP :)

Good luck!
  • Dahllywood
    Dahllywood Posts: 643 Member
    Options
    Usually my cheat days coincide with drinking. But yes I log them!