Les Mills Body Pump

Suggestions on a calorie burn for a Les MIlls Body Pump class (60 mins).....

Replies

• kaliso
    kaliso Posts: 42 Member
    Ive only done the class a few times but each time I did burned 300-350.
  • Acidique
    Acidique Posts: 119 Member
    According to the worksheet guide for the Lesmills classes I frequent, assuming you push yourself to the max during the class, you can burn up to 560 calories in a 60 minute Body Pump session.

:)
  • kaliso
    kaliso Posts: 42 Member
    I gotta increase my weights!!
  • natpalit
    natpalit Posts: 113 Member
    It depends on you specifically. Not everyone will burn the same amount of calories. I am only 5'3" and 123lbs, and I don't burn more than 250 calories in a class. I work to the max, and I always go for the "advanced" option. Weight lifting doesn't burn a lot of calories, it has other benefits. The best way to get anything near an accurate measure would be to invest in a Heart Rate Monitor.
  • ellybeann
    ellybeann Posts: 122 Member
    Thansk Guys I got a battery for my heart rate monitor so hopefully it will act right. But it is about a year old and used 6 days a week so what do I expect.:smile:
  • LadyIntrepid
    LadyIntrepid Posts: 399 Member
    I put myself down for 300 - 350 per class (depending on how hard I feel I worked). That seems consistent with what other women with HRMs say. There's a guy in my Pump class who wears an HRM but burns lot more. It's a great class!

P.S. I always underestimate what the Les Mills website says typical burn is for their classes. I figured I'd rather underestimate than overestimate since I eat my exercise calories back.