I'm so bummed. Help Please!

Options
So 1 year and 5 days ago, I started my weight loss en-devour and have lost 46.5 kilos in that time. Which is good and everything, but I've hit a wall. I can't make the number on the scale to go down, in fact it's actually sneaking back up.
I net probably 1200 calories a day, sometimes more. I work out 5-6 days a week, and have in the last 2 1/2 months have worked in strength training. I'm 5'9, 20 years old and am currently 75-76kg.
Has my body come to a point where it's saying 'no, I don't want to let anymore fat go!' or...what?
Any help or advice would be great, feeling pretty bummed about it all because I thought after a year at this, I'd be feeling on top of the world.

Replies

• cmas8011
    cmas8011 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Your body has started to plateau. You will have to do something different to kick start your weight loss. Try getting rid of carbs for a week or working out at a different time.
  • ladytinkerbell99
    ladytinkerbell99 Posts: 970 Member
    Options
    First, I am not an expert. For me, what helped was:
    1) increasing the amount of clean food I was eating (especially protein) and
    2) I changed my exercise routine.

Once I did this, I started to lose weight again.

Good luck. :flowerforyou:
  • Leyonie
    Leyonie Posts: 18
    Options
    I agree with them, your body is probably adapting to what you are doing. I use to take HCG the weight loss pills (cheating I know) But I got myself down to 197lbs. But in my family we adapt to things we take or eat very quickly to the point maybe 2-3 weeks of taking the pills my body stopped and gained everything back. I've learned that if I'm going to take pills or anything like drinking tea that helps boost your bodies fat burning I have to actually switch it out and do it every other week. Even now since I was a kid when I'm sick I have to alternate between taking 4 ibuprofen and then in 6 hours taking 2 Tylenol and just switch those out for it to work on me.

Maybe doing like for example, running for one week and then jogging the next and just switching them out each other week, might help stop your body before it gets use to one thing for two long, kind of keeps it having to change and just before it adapts you switch it up so it can't stop burning fat.
  • Monze1
    Monze1 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for your responses!
    I'll take all that advice on board, it's much appreciated :smile:
  • andiebarlow
    andiebarlow Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Some years ago I worked with a personal trainer. She used to weigh me once a month, for a rough idea on where we were headed. She also took measurements. I was losing on the scales every month and then I stopped, but when she measured me, I'd lost inches. She said it was the the muscle build up (she said it was heavier than fat) and that I was burning fat, as I was losing inches, but the scales hadn't changed.
    Now I find it helpful to use a measuring tape, rather than just relying on the scales.