My "Just Better than...' ideas

Options
My strategy has been to find ways to just be better, rather than to be perfect. I think often we are way too hard on ourselves, and expect perfection. Yet, no one is perfect, nor are we meant to be. My weightloss has been really built on the foundation of doing things 'Just a little better than... ' What I mean is yes, ideally, we would all get 8 hours sleep, eat perfectly clean, work out every day, blah blah blah blah.... I would find that too restrictive, and quite honestly not very fun. I have been really trying to find 'just better than' alternatives, and incorporate them into my lifestyle. It's all about doing things in incremental steps

Here have been some of the my things to make myself a little better, hope some help, and add yours.

From buying fast food lunches and ordering the worst but yummiest menu items > Picking healthier fast food choices (Subway, salads, etc) > bringing frozen entrees > bringing Lean Cuisines or equivelent meals and adding frozen veggies to the meal

From Lean Cuisines everyday > some left overs that are healthier a week> working towards less lean cuisines.

From Drinking Sodas all the time > drinking Diet Sodas > Drinking Caffeine Free Diet Sodas > Drinking Diet Non Carbonated drinks > Water with crystal light or mio > Just water

From Full fat dressings, sour cream, mayo > Calorie reduced versions > Non Fat Greek Yogurt

From using Vegetables as a garnish > Finding ways to add them to any thing as an extra > Have them as a side dish > Have them as a main dish & as handy snacks.

From alot of Processed/Prepacked Foods> Healthier Versions of the processed foods > Finding replacements to make a home

These were just a few I had time to type, feel free to add in your 'alternatives' or better than ideas.

Replies

• HausfrauB
    HausfrauB Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    This is such a good idea. I'm a perfectionist and see everything I'm doing as black or white.

Eating within calorie limit regularly > lowering carbs > lowering sugar > reducing grains > experiment with adding things back in to find my body's "happy spot"
  • macx2mommy
    macx2mommy Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    I agree about being a perfectionist. I realized that I have an extreme personality of all or nothing. Hence why i would eat all the chips or none. Neither of them for me worked. I figured if I could make some small health changes it would be really good.

Some others:
    No breakfast > Any breakfast > Coffee and milk breakfast > Coffee, milk, with some protein > Having something at my desk ready
    Instant oatmeal > Regular oatmeal
    Bacon> Turkey Bacon> Canadian Bacon > Roasted Ham on the Bone (if possible)