late nights out with friends!

Options
so although i have work 9-5 monday-friday, i will go out with my friends at 8 or 9 at night and not come home until about 2am. during the day, my food is healthy and all planned out nicely. i go out not planning on eating anything the whole time, but somehow usually end up eating something. most of the time it's from a fast food place because that's what's open and where my friends want to go. i'm usually actually hungry, too, im not just getting food because they are. how can i get rid of this habit and still go out with them?!

Replies

• photorific
    photorific Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    Fast food places do have salads... :smile:
  • jessieg515
    jessieg515 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    true! i love the berry almond chicken one at wendys!
  • Natihilator
    Natihilator Posts: 1,778 Member
    Options
    I think your only option is to make the healthiest choice possible, though I know that can be hard if you've been drinking too.
  • jessieg515
    jessieg515 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    oh i dont drink :) i'm always sober plus the designated driver! and i usually try to make the healthiest choice, but should i even consider bringing some snack along for when they get food? and what would it be? it couldn't really be fresh because i don't know when it would get eaten and i could be out for a while.
  • ezavora
    ezavora Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Bring a snack like a nutrition bar, almonds, beef jerky, even hard boiled egg. Something that will fit easily in your purse. Then eat it BEFORE you get hungry, maybe somewhere half way through the night. That way when everyone ends up at the fast food joint your not hungry and tempted by poor choices. And, your not eating right before your going home to bed.
  • datikihut21
    datikihut21 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I definitely have this problem far too often, and it includes copious amounts of alcohol. Always regretting it the next day, but it does make me work harder to burn it off.
  • TheVimFuego
    TheVimFuego Posts: 2,412 Member
    Options
    I'd eat fast food occasionally no worries, I'd just drop the carby stuff ... have two cheese burgers but drop the buns, that kind of thing.

Carbs+Fat = Bad news ... Just stick with the fat .... Mmmmm, fat :)