Eggs!!

Options
Just wondering, but I almost never eat eggs, and today I made an omlette (just to be healthy) and went way overboard on the cholesterol!. Is this a bad thing? How many eggs a week can we eat and not go overboard?

Replies

• Huiminlovesfood
    Options
    Eggs are a great source of protein and should definitely be included in your diet. I usually eat 1-2 full eggs per day, but if you are worried for your cholesterol, try aiming for 2-3 egg yolks per week. Egg white has practically no cholesterol, so it could be in your daily diet. Remember, the yolk contains more good nutrients than the egg. Just go easy on it.
  • chasingpavements24
    chasingpavements24 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Actually, if you do some research, you'll find that the cholesterol in eggs does NOT increase your cholesterol levels. In fact, saturated fat is more responsible for leading to high cholesterol levels.

I eat ~10 eggs/week and I have perfect cholesterol levels!
  • Pedal_Pusher
    Pedal_Pusher Posts: 1,166 Member
    Options
    Something about eating an egg just doesn't sit well with me......
  • aprilgicker
    aprilgicker Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    If you don't have an issue with cholesterol, then don't worry about it. Just make sure you watch the calories. a seemingly healthy meal can become every unhealthy when you start adding things like, full fat cheese, oil in the pan, ect.
  • TheVimFuego
    TheVimFuego Posts: 2,412 Member
    Options
    Not only does dietary cholesterol consumption not raise blood cholesterol ...

If I could find a study that definitively shows that "high" (Who defines high? On what grounds?) cholesterol in the blood is a good marker for cardio-vascular disease then I'd be bovvered.

Eggs are ace.
  • stella_pollard1
    Options
    I love deviled eggs, but cholesterol is horrible in them! For a treat I fill the egg white with the yolk and then scoop it back out- this lets you have a little taste without hurting too much :)
  • celebrity328
    celebrity328 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    I consume about 20-25 eggs a week easy and my blood work says I is good... I have a family history of high cholesterol so I watch it but my doc says im good. She was shocked to find out how many egss I eat lol ;D

It might be helpful to get some blood work done before? and see what happens if you start eating more eggs.
  • chasingpavements24
    chasingpavements24 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Not only does dietary cholesterol consumption not raise blood cholesterol ...

If I could find a study that definitively shows that "high" (Who defines high? On what grounds?) cholesterol in the blood is a good marker for cardio-vascular disease then I'd be bovvered.

Eggs are ace.

THIS.