My inner thighs rub so muchthey are going to catch fire!

I know you can not spot reduce but what are some exercise that will help tone the inner thigh area?

Replies

• bohonomad
    bohonomad Posts: 171 Member
    My mom swears doing adductor excercises made her legs stop rubbing together. For me its just been stairmaster and high resistance elliptical, however since she mentioned that I'm starting to do weights on my legs. I've lost 2 1/2 inches off my thighs in about 3 months
  • tangoa24
    tangoa24 Posts: 27
    well it's not an exercise but putting a little deodorant on your thighs helps keep them from sweating and chafing!
  • jillian769
    jillian769 Posts: 247 Member
    Squats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo
    LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo Posts: 3,634 Member
    My mom swears doing adductor excercises made her legs stop rubbing together. For me its just been stairmaster and high resistance elliptical, however since she mentioned that I'm starting to do weights on my legs. I've lost 2 1/2 inches off my thighs in about 3 months
    Adductors won't help "tone" those thighs & in fact it is unnatural. Squats, lunges on free weights (moderate to heavy weights) are far more effective than that.
  • Pedal_Pusher
    Pedal_Pusher Posts: 1,166 Member
    Try a little vasoline. No, seriously.
  • _JR_
    _JR_ Posts: 830 Member
    Bodyglide is made specifically for rubbing. As a runner, I have gone through lots of the stuff. Doesn't leave a mess, no odor, and is applied with a roll-on applicator (like men's deodorant).

You can't spot reduce, no matter what some people will claim. Stick to a sound diet, and heavy lifting.
  • sawadoll
    sawadoll Posts: 39 Member
    I do lying side leg raises and squats with 1 dumbell (spread your legs a bit more wider than normal squats and point the toes at 11 and 1). I did those aswell as lunges, squats, calve raises and my thighs no longer touch :)