Time to refocus

Options
OK, its time to get back down to buisness! On January 1st I decided I was ready to get healthy and I have done really great for the most part. I counted calories and exercise daily and I am proud to say I am down 52.5 lbs!!! The problem is after going back to work after being laid off for a year and a half I have found myself seriously slacking. So what I am looking for is some people like me wanting to get healthy. If you are wanting support, someone to exchange healthy recipes with, someone to call or txt u when u need that motivation, whatever your personal need is lets support each other. I need some one to help keep me accountable and I want to do the same for you! ! I am halfway to my goal and I want to achieve my goals! !! So who else is ready to get Down to buisness!!!

Replies

• susancristina
    Options
    I am! I got up to 215 and a size 16 in 2009, in 2010 i got down to 165 and a size 8, i looked great having always had thick legs from snowboarding, then i started creeping up and here recently i'm back up to 188... i saw recently, it started in May and it's July. and a size 12 and terrified to hit the 190s again, i feel like if i go too far i'll just give up completely.... 2 years ago i was working out twice a day religiously, riding a mtn bike , weight lifting, boxing, jiu jitsu, swimming, whatever always on the go. then i got a serious boyfriend and happy and content... a little too happy... and now the weight gain is getting out of control, i'm barely working out once a day and have lost and regained the same 5 pounds over and over again.. i remember being 165 and seeing the scale creep to 172, and then 178 and i swore i'd never hit 180 and then i was at 182 and jumped to 188... and i'm terrified i'll wake up and be 195 and then 200 and then just completely give up.... sorry to ramble... but YES! let's do it! i would love some motivation! i know i have it in me!!!
  • klingerman73
    klingerman73 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Right there with you!! Just wrapped a program where I got rid of 40 lbs in about 12 weeks. I have been off the program for about 1 month now and need to get focused again and cannot slide. I have about another 60 lbs to go. My goal is 60 in 6. 60lbs in 6 mos. I would love to hit my goal before my 40th b-day in Feb.

Definitely would love to help support with motivation and receipes....Lord knows I have plenty of recipes. :) Feel free to add me as a friend.
  • kountrygrl27
    kountrygrl27 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Awesome Girls we can do this! So first what is everyones plan, what is your choice of exercise and how frequently do u strive to do this. How is your calorie intake? Do u struggle to stay within your count? Lets give each other an idea of where we are and what we do!
  • kountrygrl27
    kountrygrl27 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    What do yo find to be the hardest part of your weight loss journey? Is it saying no to foods, finding time to exercise? What is your "anchor"?
  • kait_m83
    kait_m83 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I'm in too. I'd love it if you added me. I was really focused for about 6 weeks at the beggining of this year and then it went downhill. Since then I've refocused about a month ago and am down 15 lbs from January, although I did gain some back in between. I have 3 girls and find it really hard to get in good workouts. I've recently been really focusing on making my health and exercise more of a priority. I kinda feel guilty when I take time out for myself for a run or whatever and I'm working on that. I would love the extra encouragent!
  • kait_m83
    kait_m83 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    oh, congrats on your loss so far too! :)
  • ClairBears84
    ClairBears84 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    "Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could. Some blunders and absurdities no doubt crept in, forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day, you shall begin it well and serenely..." Ralph Waldo Emerson