How to cook delicious oats?

Options
Oats taste horrible to me! It tastes better when i cooked it with milk, but i am pretty bored of this idea. Anyone has any other good recipes? No sugar please!

Replies

• jasminemonique1
    Options
    try adding fruit along with milk
  • katemarie4
    katemarie4 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I mix in some craisins or sugar free jam/jelly
  • geeniusatwurk
    geeniusatwurk Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    When you say no sugar, does that mean fruit is out? Because I like to make a big batch of apple-cinnamon-raisin oatmeal, mix all the ingredients, store in the fridge overnight, and cook in the oven till hot. Tastes awesome!

I also do overnight no-cook oatmeal, like this site: http://www.theyummylife.com/Refrigerator_Oatmeal
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    oats are not a magical food. if you dont like them, why feel compelled to eat them?
  • MissShancey
    MissShancey Posts: 464
    Options
    i hated them.. now i put a tablespoon of natural peanut butter and use apple slices as a spoon .. SOOOOOOOOOO good
  • ktsmom430
    ktsmom430 Posts: 1,100 Member
    Options
    Try steel cut oats. I have recommended them to people who don't like oatmeal, and they all love them now.
    I cooked a big batch in the crock pot a couple of weeks ago then divided it into individual portions and froze it. I put ground flax, raw nut meats (any kind you like), and plenty of cinnamon in it. Yesterday I had it topped with fresh, sliced strawberries, blueberries are good too. I don't use any milk, but that is just my personal preference.
  • Corian3105
    Corian3105 Posts: 16
    Options
    I add a teaspoon of cocoa powder and a teaspoon of honey as a treat. Delicious with raspberries and/or strawberries. Also, adding a few drops of vanilla essence to plain oats gives them a slightly sweeter edge, lovely with peaches or nectarines.
  • pallear
    pallear Posts: 17
    Options
    It might not be the healthier thing but I usually add like a spoon of sugar and another one of nutella xx
  • nibbynoo
    nibbynoo Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    i do rolled oats with greek yorgurt a little milk and honey. leave it in the fridge over night, dont cook it! i use a mason jar so you can shake the crap out of it
    chuck in some fruit and nuts and its amazing!