What fun salad toppings do you use??

Options
13»

Replies

• alsaxon
    alsaxon Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I had this salad at a restaurant in Napa and it was AMAZING!!! I recreate it often:

Watercress, apples, avocados, mint, basil, cilantro, shallots & pistachios in a balsamic vinaigrette. It's soooo refreshing!!
    \

I'm going to try that, minus the cilantro.
  • bestshiratakinoodles
    Options
    i love to have angel hair pasta salad !!
  • bacamacho
    bacamacho Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    Dried cranberries, honey roasted pecans, grated parmesan cheese, black olives...
  • kaf1274
    kaf1274 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I love putting feta cheese and garlic sesame sticks on my salads. Oh, and I simply can't eat a salad without onions.
  • sapphireblu64
    Options
    Depending on my taste-buds at the time i like: raisins, feta cheese, green/black olives... the list just goes on
  • jameyjam
    jameyjam Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    *Goat cheese or bocconcini marinated in balsamic vinaigrette with basil chopped into ribbons tossed in with baby mixed greens with grilled chicken and cherry/grape/strawberry tomatoes on top =heaven

*Mixed baby greens topped with grilled steak, corn (just grill and then slice it off the cob), avocado, tomato, black beans, a little queso fresco, some Have'a corn chips (if I happen to have them) and a cilantro lime vinaigrette. That one is probably my favorite of all time. I like BIG salads.

I also like marinated chickpeas, grilled vegetables, olives, and pretty much any cheese ever.

Now I'm hungry.

*Also wanted to add that I'm obsessed with a thai salad called larb (not a very appetizing name), but it's amazingly delicious.
  • TheArmadillo
    TheArmadillo Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    Arugula with crumbled center cut bacon (25cal/slice), cherry tomatoes, balsamic vinegar, and a poached egg.

I am so having this for lunch today :love: :flowerforyou:

I love a basic rocket (arugula) with freshly grated parmesan (I like to use a veg peeler to get curls) and balsamic dressing. Basic but delicious.

My other favourite is feta and pomegranate - bed of green leaves (I like rocket/watercress/lambs lettuce or spinach depending on what I have in), crumbled feta, raddishes if I have any, and scattered pomegranate seeds. Balsamic dressing over the top. Sometimes slivered almonds if I fancy it as well.