going stir crazy

Options
I have chronic Achilles Tendonitus, i thought the pain was just because of body weight, so went hammer and tong at exercising, whilst exercising the pain left, when first speaking to my doc he said it was a combination of body weight and first stage arthuritus.

so i continued exercising 5 days a week, eventually the pain became unbearable, i went back to doc and he just prescribed me pain killlers and told me to only do low impact exercise. aweek later i was crying when ever i walked up a slope or the stairs, i returned to the doctor, thankfully mine was away on holiday and he sent me for scans!

I had a severe telling of at the hospital for leaving it so long and allowing it to get so bad ???? i am now awaiting a operation and my legs in casts :-(

i am going nuts not exercising anyone have any ideas of what i can do, that will have no impact on my ankles?

Replies

• PANZERIA
    PANZERIA Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    Do you have a wheelchair? Maybe you could do laps around an indoor track in the wheelchair?
  • Witchmoo
    Witchmoo Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Might I suggest preparing a legal case against the original doctor for being a useless twonk.....it won't get you fitter but might make you feel better :wink:
  • Dragonnade
    Dragonnade Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Find your doctor; sit in wheelchair; punch him repeatedly in the balls.

Swimming's prob good except you mentioned casts.

So unless you have a wheelchair to go racing in, I would think punching stuff is about your only option. Sympathies. Sounds a total pain in the rear!
  • cartmail
    cartmail Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Punching is good cardio. Maybe you could try sit ups and other ab exercises. Try the website randomabs.com
  • GinaMauricio17
    GinaMauricio17 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    its going to have to be upper body for a while. you should research what people who are paralyzed do. check youtube, that always helps me out. im sure you will be meeting with a physical therapist after you operation. maybe get in contact with one and ask what you can do in the mean time.
  • Oh_Cat
    Oh_Cat Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I agree - punches (with handweights if you have them) - plus upper body strength work - lateral raises etc?

If you want to go swimming, these are meant to be good...

http://www.bloccs.com/?gclid=CLGTx6jporEC****tAodORWIoA

My brother used one for swimming etc when he was still in a cast for a broken leg!

Hope you're on the mend soon :)
  • LittleNicci
    LittleNicci Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    is your whole leg in a cast? how bout a thigh master (or off brand) you can use it for both arms and legs
  • FionaHelen
    FionaHelen Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    half cast
  • FionaHelen
    Options
    Do you have a wheelchair? Maybe you could do laps around an indoor track in the wheelchair?

No crutches which is a work out in itself :-) still waiting on the wheelchair!
  • FionaHelen
    Options
    I agree - punches (with handweights if you have them) - plus upper body strength work - lateral raises etc?

If you want to go swimming, these are meant to be good...

http://www.bloccs.com/?gclid=CLGTx6jporEC****tAodORWIoA

My brother used one for swimming etc when he was still in a cast for a broken leg!

Hope you're on the mend soon :)

Thank you will have a look and hopefully get this body moving again :-)