Who's your biggest fan? :D

Options
There are so many threads complaining about the nearest and dearest who, often unwittingly, sabotage our efforts with jealousy, lack of support or grumpy attitude.

But I thought there must be folk out there who deserve to be praised for their support and cheery disposition and maybe we don't thank them enough?

So I thought it would be nice to have a positive thread giving a bit of credit to all those people in our lives who in some shape or form have made this journey a bit funnier, a bit more pleasant and a bit less hard.

Let the Oscar speeches commence.... :D

Personally I'd like to thank my OH for being so supportive. He's started cycling to the station so I don't have to drive him and I have time before work to train or take the dog out. Equally in the evening he'll go running with our dog so I'm free to go to the gym. He's not moaned once about our lo-carb eating regime... not even when I served him liver! He has not once boycotted me by bringing pizza home and eating it in front of me grumpily. He celebrates every single pound lost with me and continues to pretend to be interested in me babbling about new stuff I've learned or going on about my lifting. He's been an absolute star and a proper team worker.

Also that lovely bunch of regulars on my MFP wall with your continued cheers and positive attitude. You know who you are. Hugs to you all. x

Replies

• HannahsReturnToFitness
    Options
    I have managed to convert my better half to become my biggest fan! He was sceptical at the beginning and didn't think I would carry it on.

He gets up early with my alarm every morning so that I can exercise. He looks after our daughter so I can do the early morning swim. I know I have converted him as he is willing to go fishing later at the weekend so I can either swim or exercise (this weekend it will be C25K). He hasn't complained about my constant waffling about exercise, healthy eating etc. and has been complementary of some of our meal changes! He also reckons he can see physical changes in me too - RESULT!

My other biggest fan is my close friend. He now calls me his inspiration and I am helping him get from 21 stone down to 13 stone.

Last but not least, I have to thank my fellow MFP friends. The lovely comments and seeing how well everyone else is doing pushes me do better and better each time. Without you all, I may have given up!
  • LadyAmy20
    LadyAmy20 Posts: 137
    Options
    I'd have to say my boyfriend, and, despite our arguments, my mum - she keeps saying how proud of me she is :)

Also, it helps that my best friend and her boyfriend are also trying to eat more healthily. I don't have to worry about going round to theirs for dinner/vice versa.

And of course my 'regulars' on here too!!
  • keenjean
    keenjean Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I am going to have to say my boyfriend, who always says he is proud of me, and has made an effort to be healthier with me, although occasionally he will eat bad food in front of me to test my willpower, hhmph >:|
  • WillPowerYes
    WillPowerYes Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I never tell anyone (in person) when I am dieting. I just do it, without trying to make a big fuss about it. :)
  • rjcelmer
    rjcelmer Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    My wife. She bends over backwards to accommodate me and helps me become a better person. She's my best friend and my whole world.
  • Jani2416
    Jani2416 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    My kids, they are always in my corner, and of course my friends on here.
  • Kerri_is_so_very
    Kerri_is_so_very Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    My girls (ages 4 & 7), love watching my ticker move (even if it does move too slowly for my liking), they like checking me out when I get in to pants they saw me try on a few months ago that didn't fit, they point out "mom you still need to lose more in your butt" :sad: , they ask how many calories I burn after getting done at the gym, they quiz me about whole foods and love me no matter what :smooched: :heart: :smooched: :heart: what more could a mom ask for??
  • Kara_xxx
    Kara_xxx Posts: 635 Member
    Options
    My wife. She bends over backwards to accommodate me and helps me become a better person. She's my best friend and my whole world.

Aw. Love that! :bigsmile:
  • Tat2dDom624
    Tat2dDom624 Posts: 1,226 Member
    Options
    Gotta go with my wife. She's on WW and i help motivate her as well, and i even created a workout routine for her, so that she can have some structure in her workouts. Not sure if my kids notcie what she and i are doing, but that's ok, they're young.
  • Eupho
    Eupho Posts: 201 Member
    Options

Aaaww thats sooo lovely! (and great!!)
  • Eupho
    Eupho Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    My Partner.. he is brilliant.. He always encourages me.. (and stays quiet when I have failed over and over and over in the past) :mad: :blushing: .... Each time I have 'given up' .. he says nothing.. and just tries to coax me gently back into it without 'Judging me' .. for giving up.. AGAAAAINNN!!!!!!!!! .... :explode:

He is always up for helping me customise meals.. and always to work out with me.. bless him!.. we will do ANY of the workouts with me. (even the girly stuff) .. .. He is already a 'Fitty' .. .. But he is my biggest fan.. and I am so grateful for his back up. :heart:
  • chanson104
    chanson104 Posts: 859
    Options
    My kids have been the best! The pride that they have in me would be enough, but they are super encouraging as well! -- And of course MFP friends!!
  • britlocs
    britlocs Posts: 124
    Options
    I have none,i'm here alone for now,I think once I start making some real progress,my family may notice a bit more,that might not be until october,lol.
  • Kara_xxx
    Kara_xxx Posts: 635 Member
    Options
    Hey Britloc you're not alone!! :drinker:

You've got us. :wink:
  • Wonderob
    Wonderob Posts: 1,372 Member
    Options
    Yep my wife
    She has to listen to hours of endless BMI, BMR, HRM, TDEE talk - I test her frequently!

My kids are always full of praise

My mum HATES me on a diet, HATES me going to the gym, and I can still hear her sighs of distain even when the blender is making my shakes!
  • thebigcb
    thebigcb Posts: 2,210 Member
    Options
    Im my own biggest fan, if i was chocolate, i'd eat myself lol
  • almostatgoalweight
    almostatgoalweight Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    I don't have anyone, sadly. I have only one friend and I don't tell her about my weight loss because I think she's sick of it. She's also heavier than me (has put on maybe 20kg in the last 10 years) and would be envious. So it's just me on my own. I have a weight loss blog and it's nice to get comments on that when I post though.
  • LisaB55
    LisaB55 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    My 16-year-old daughter. She is doing this with me and is being so enthusiastic and supportive. She has even offered to get up at 5:30 in the morning to exercise with me--and she doesn't even have school. Can you imagine a teenager who willingly gets up before noon when they don't have to? My husband has been fantastic about cooking dinners which really helps since I rarely get home from work much before 8.
  • TheVimFuego
    TheVimFuego Posts: 2,412 Member
    Options
    Im my own biggest fan, if i was chocolate, i'd eat myself lol

Damn right, I'd eat myself too.

One less vertebrae and I wouldn't leave the house.
  • mjpTennis
    mjpTennis Posts: 6,165 Member
    Options
    MFP friends keep me going and it is nice to work this life style change in with others who are at the same point in time with the process. My wife and kids are supportive but I try not to dominate the day to day life with this stuff. Everyone is always ready for change at such different times in their lives. My wife was a little annoyed at first because she wasn't as ready as I was but she has been so supportive. Now she is starting to find a better fit for these changes in her days too and I can feel positive changes for everyone.