Holy &$@: I just ran a 5K!!!!

Options
waldenlev
waldenlev Posts: 102 Member
Ok, it was more like walk/run, but 3.1 miles in 55:30 on a treadmill, I'm still taking my win! Thank you Kelly Clarkson for "What Doesn't Kill You Makes You Stonger" for bringing me home at 6MPH and Pearl Jam "Alive" for rounding out my cool down!

Replies

• kcoburn327
    kcoburn327 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Great job!!!
  • kapzilla
    kapzilla Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    YEAH!!!! Great job!!
  • Crystal0827
    Crystal0827 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    awesome work!!!! Way to gooooo!!! One day I will. One day! I love your attitude!
  • kvanderh
    kvanderh Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Way to go! I love this NSV. And you've got some great workout music going on there :)
  • hollynono
    hollynono Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Hey, terrific job! As someone who is new to running, I am a bit envious. I haven´t made the 5K yet!
  • chocl8girl
    chocl8girl Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options
    Like a BOSS!!
  • chelbel89
    chelbel89 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Hell yeah!!! Keep it goin!!! Soon you will have it at less than 30 min!!! :drinker:
  • jens_journey
    jens_journey Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Great Job! Take claim and celebrate all your accomplishments no matter how big or small.
  • trijoe
    trijoe Posts: 729 Member
    Options
    Holy &^%$, you just ran a 5K!!!! That is so friggin' cool!!! Congratulations!

You're a rock star! Great job! Very inspirational.

Thanks for sharing your triumph!
  • SusanneWhittington
    SusanneWhittington Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    fantastic! Way to go!
  • reesa722
    reesa722 Posts: 76
    Options
    Awesome!
  • JoanneStone
    JoanneStone Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Good for you! :flowerforyou:
  • momof3and3
    momof3and3 Posts: 656 Member
    Options
    That is so great!
    10K, here you come!
  • baypathgradLyns
    baypathgradLyns Posts: 639 Member
    Options
    you rock!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Tangerine302
    Tangerine302 Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! That's excellent! :)
  • MommaKit79
    MommaKit79 Posts: 852
    Options
    awesome work!!!! Way to gooooo!!! One day I will. One day! I love your attitude!

SAME HERE!!! There is a local 5k (2 actually) in October and I would LOVE to join!!
  • MommaKit79
    MommaKit79 Posts: 852
    Options
    Ok, it was more like walk/run, but 3.1 miles in 55:30 on a treadmill, I'm still taking my win! Thank you Kelly Clarkson for "What Doesn't Kill You Makes You Stonger" for bringing me home at 6MPH and Pearl Jam "Alive" for rounding out my cool down!

AWESOME!!! And great song choices!!!
  • kgb6days
    kgb6days Posts: 880 Member
    Options
    WAY TO GO!!!! Yep, I'm yelling it. Great job
  • auroranflash
    auroranflash Posts: 3,569 Member
    Options
    Super awesome! I'm going to do this next time I go to the gym. :D:D:D
  • waldenlev
    waldenlev Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for your responses and thoughts. To those that would like to do one "some day" what's stopping you? Yes, you're not going to go from dying on an elliptical after 2 minutes to running a 5K overnight, but over a couple of month, hell yes. If I can do it at 320+lb, you can too!

What's most cool/annoying about doing the 5K is I wasn't planning on it. I was about 30 min into a cardio workout (1min @ 3mph, 2%, 2min @ 3.2mph 2%, 1min @ 3mph 13%, 1min @ 3mph 2%, 2min @ 3.2mph 2%, 1min @ 4.5mph 2%, repeat. -- yes, I'm a structure geek) when I saw I was just over 2 miles and remembered a 5K is "only" 3.1 so I said screw it, I can do this. And changed up to lose the 13% inclines and add in more speed. I really want to try again when I'm doing a 5K from the beginning and get a more realistic time. Might try this weekend.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!