Reaching my goal

Options
bowmab21
bowmab21 Posts: 150 Member
When I started myfitnesspal I set a goal of 185lbs. This morning I weighed in at 188. I planned on getting a tattoo when I got there, now I'm close, and don't know what to get.

I need some help, it has to be cool!

Any ideas????

Replies

• ShadowSP7
    ShadowSP7 Posts: 53
    Options
    If you need help on what to get you shouldn't get anything, tattoos are forever so you better make sure it's something you want, like and are willing to live the rest of your life with.

Trust me, I learned the hard way!
  • MrsAFR
    MrsAFR Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I would go to google images to get some ideas.
  • bowmab21
    Options
    I have looked online, but nothing has caught my eye.
  • mikeschratz
    mikeschratz Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    The tattoo Guru I go to (in Savannah, Georgia) sits and talks with you for a little while about what you like, what you do, what your passions are... and then comes out with a design. I have seen him do it a couple of times, and every time has hit it on the mark. Find a good tattoo place, usually not the most advertised one out there, and go in and talk to the artists in the shop. They usually have their work in photo albums and you can look at what it out there and who does what. Some are good at black only and shading, others are good at all color and the like.
    If you are ever in Savannah, Ga, go to Black Orchid Tattoos and talk to a sketcher named Marcus. He is one of the best!
  • chocl8girl
    chocl8girl Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options
    If you need help on what to get you shouldn't get anything, tattoos are forever so you better make sure it's something you want, like and are willing to live the rest of your life with.

^^THIS. It should definitely be something you can imagine your saggy, wrinkly 80-year-old self still rocking and being proud of. Something highly personally meaningful to you.
  • svwalter
    svwalter Posts: 21
    Options
    It took me about 3 months to find what I liked. I went through the internet, friends, magazines, coworkers etc.. It is also said that once you get one you want another and another. I only have the one and it has been almost 3 years since I got it. Good Luck.
  • redsoxy
    redsoxy Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Something that resprents your journey, dedication aand commitment. Have you decided where on your body yet?
  • sunshine_gem
    sunshine_gem Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    I think it can depend on where you want it as much as what you want. I know that when I finish my degree next year I was planning to get one to symbolise, dedication, determination and perseverance, which can also apply to my weight loss too because I plan to be near my goal by then. Do you want to show it off or do you want it to be just for you? Most importantly I would say wait until you're absolutely sure of what you want otherwise you'll hate it later. Happy searching! :-)
  • ash190489
    ash190489 Posts: 587 Member
    Options
    Choose a tattoo or symbol that has meaning to you. I cannot stand it when people get silly pointless and meaningless tattoos - however, each to their own! Personally, I would sit down and really think about who I am as a person, my goals, achievements, etc. and maybe even try to make up my own design to make it unique, original and meaningful to me. Good luck.
  • vegannlg
    vegannlg Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Tatoos usually have a lot of meaning to the person who has them. Talk to people, ask them about their tats - they usually won't mind telling you. It could help you bring your own thoughts together. (I have a hummingbird, my favorite bird - not just because they are beautiful, but because they are fiercely protective, even though small, and will go at anything to take care of their family.)
  • bowmab21
    Options
    I thinking my back or shoulder.
  • heagler870
    heagler870 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    I agree with the second poster, if you don't have any ideas then don't get one yet. I think it should be something as a reminder to your dedication.

I am not much on tattoos but when I finally get to the physique I want I am getting a fitness related tattoo to remind me all the hard work I put in to it. I have an idea of what I want it to look like but will need definitely someone with a more creative mind to help me draw it out.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!