Question for the ladies

Options
What kind of excercises do you find are best during TOM? I get wicked bad cramps to the point that I can barely move. It only happens for like the first two days and then I'm fine.

I don't want to slack on my excercise but I don't want to do anything that's going to make them worse either.

Replies

• xgemma87x
    xgemma87x Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I tend to have a day or two off as when its my TOM I can end up in bed curled in a ball!!

Maybe do the step thing on wii fit if you have one. I find moving helps more with the cramps but its just getting up and going!
  • xTenaciousJx
    xTenaciousJx Posts: 555
    Options
    my response...you know it....RUNNING! lol it helps everything..for me its my mindset...
  • beckydunks
    beckydunks Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    yoga, pilates
  • docktorfokse
    docktorfokse Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    I pop an Ibuprofen or two before the cramps start and continue lifting.
  • stockholmhasago
    Options
    The first day I normally skip, but then I do a much lighter version of whatever I'm doing.
  • Jennvandemark
    Jennvandemark Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I am in the same boat as you, those first 2 days are H-E double hockey sticks. I still do everything those two days granted I don't push myself as hard as I normally do but I work up a sweat. I might cut my cardio by 5 mins and lift a little lighter but still in the gym getting my heart rate up. Plus I drink tons of water and pop lots of Pamprin.
  • LeenaRuns
    LeenaRuns Posts: 1,309 Member
    Options
    my response...you know it....RUNNING! lol it helps everything..for me its my mindset...

This! I find that once I get out there and get moving, I forget about everything else.
  • xXmimiXx
    xXmimiXx Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    It's difficult because if your cramps are that bad you probably don't want to move. However, when I feel like that (I get cramps) I know that as soon as I do my normal exercise I will feel better, exercise helps definitely!
  • stephyy4632
    stephyy4632 Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    Running / lifting or what ever else I originaly had planned for the day I don`t let TOM dictate my exercise and in fact a good workout make cramps lessen or go away
  • LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo
    LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo Posts: 3,634 Member
    Options
    I follow my normal workout routine & schedule (i.e cardio or weight lifting day). I find it that I would feel better after. But I especially love lifting weights during TOM. I don't buy into that myth that one shouldn't lift heavy during TOM, that's totally ridiculous.
  • littlefreckle91
    Options
    Yoga is amazing during that time,I really like feeling the stretch and think it really helps with the cramps.I also like to do some tae bo/kickboxing when I'm feeling hormonal to get rid of all the tension.A healthier alternative to raiding the fridge! haha
  • mandypizzle
    mandypizzle Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    I have a rest day or two during that time. Especially if my cramps are bad. I look forward to those days off.