The best day of your life

Options
Good morning all. When you are tired of being tired and you finally make that life changing choice to be heathy : tell me why then is it a struggle. I was told if you can do something for at least twenty one days it becomes a habit. What do you think?

Replies

• nothing1994
    nothing1994 Posts: 1,936 Member
    Options
    Not for me - i still struggle with quitting smoking :( After not smoking for a month and theres other things, but thats my biggest issue atm!
  • okeeffec
    okeeffec Posts: 3
    Options
    All the best things in life are worth working for and its the satisfaction of knowing you did it when you hit your goal! I heard that too about the 3 week it either becomes a habit or you break it, I think its true
  • hope76579
    hope76579 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I think it has more to do with how long you've had a bad habit compared to how long you've been changing. After two and a half months, it is a heck of a lot easier for me. Plus I feel so much better! So much more energy, sleeping better and physically and mentally stronger. Also, I am finding that I can deal with stress better. I wish that I had started sooner and never want to go back to the lump I was. I keep a list of accomplishments and successes and during moments when I want to binge, I read it over and add to it.