Am I burning TOO many calories.working out too much?

Options
So by the time I log in my exercise for Tuesday, i'm already well over my weekly total for calories burned. Also by Wednesday I've passed my recommended weekly total for exercise minutes. I guess what i'm asking is should I work out less frequently to see results and is doing more benefiting me or hurting me?

Replies

• Turtle003
    Turtle003 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Are you wearing a HRM when you workout to accurately track your calories? How long are you working out for?
  • clee369
    clee369 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Open your diary and let us tell you!
  • shaycat
    shaycat Posts: 980
    Options
    I am always over my calories burned. I am not sure why it is so low.
    It should not be a problem unless you are netting to low calories eaten.
  • abetterjune
    abetterjune Posts: 219
    Options
    reset your calories to burn goal to match your current exercise level. make sure you're eating back some of those calories and netting at least 1200
  • wheezybreezy
    wheezybreezy Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    You can change your calorie goal for exercise
  • watchmemove
    Options
    The HRM I had was soo not accurate so I stopped using it & I workout 30-60 minutes a day 6x a week.
  • watchmemove
    Options
    I am always over my calories burned. I am not sure why it is so low.
    It should not be a problem unless you are netting to low calories eaten.

Wait, what should I be netting?
  • ladyraven68
    ladyraven68 Posts: 2,003 Member
    Options
    So by the time I log in my exercise for Tuesday, i'm already well over my weekly total for calories burned. Also by Wednesday I've passed my recommended weekly total for exercise minutes. I guess what i'm asking is should I work out less frequently to see results and is doing more benefiting me or hurting me?

It isn't a recommended weekly total - the goal for calories burned through exercise in MFP is based on what you put in when you set up your profile and targets at the beginning, but it is just a personal goal, MFP doesn't use it when setting your calorie goals.

so if you set it at 1 day a week and worked out 2, you would be over your goal, but if you set it at 3 days a week, and worked out 2, you would be under your goal, but it is only a personal goal - you can change it, just go back into the profile.