Giving it a shot

Options
Hello! My name is Sharee and a friend told me about this site. I am usually not well motivated with things of this nature, but figured it wouldn't hurt to try. I have a little girl who is about to turn 2, she is my world. I not only want to but need to get back in shape for her. So, i am starting on my weight loss and bettering my health, and am going to try myfitnesspal as part of it. Wish me luck!

Replies

• greg24bailey
    greg24bailey Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Sharee,

Good luck, I started on this site yesterday and also have the motivation of a 19 month old at home. I am going through a major life change...I quit dipping smokeless tobacco five weeks ago (no slips) and started working out four days a week three weeks ago to get into better health not only for myself, but for my son and my wife as well. I made a pledge to myself several years ago that I would run a marathon when I am 40 (not by then, but until the day before 41), and I am now 38 and 5 months. I am currently 307 pounds and have a goal weight of 200. I am finding it easier day by day as long as I keep myself motivated; which has always been my challenge. I look at all the missed opportunities I've had because of my weight and pledged to myself that I would rectify it and quit making excuses.

Good Luck,
    Greg
  • mommy2ans
    mommy2ans Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the comment Greg. And that's great that you quit dipping. I have never been a smoker or dipper but i have gathered the impression that it isn't easy to quit. What an accomplishment!! You sound very positive and will be at your goal before you know it!
  • klybarger
    Options
    I hope the both of your find this site helpful. Please go to the newby threads and read up on the helpful hints. I started a couple of months ago and wish I would have done it from the beginning. Started out a little frustrating, but back on track now. They're great people on here that will listen to whatever concerns you have - please don't be shy to use the message boards.

Wishing you both much success!
  • dporter1183
    dporter1183 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    YAY!!! I'm so happy you are gonna try this with me.:bigsmile:

Keep at it, and if you slack off one day, that's ok, just get back on it. It's really helping me, and I know it can help you too.

I LOVE YOU!!!:heart::flowerforyou:
  • mommy2ans
    mommy2ans Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Thanks lady. I love you too!!:heart::wink:
  • lynettep
    lynettep Posts: 157
    Options
    This is a great site. I am starting back after being gone for awhile. I too have a 2 1/2 yr. old boy. I know as mother's we are so busy with our kids that we forget about ourselves sometimes. :)

You will lose weight if you stick with this site. I lost 10 pds earlier this year with working out and calculating my food on this site.

GREAT TOOL to have!! WELCOME!!