ladies over 5 foot 10!

Options
I have recently found a new friend on here is 5 foot 11 like me but cannot find ANYONE else ..i weigh around 178 lbs and am looking to lose around 40 lbs ..if any of you are in the same situation please add me and we can support eachother along the way :D

XXX

Replies

• BeckiCharlotte13x
    BeckiCharlotte13x Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    Me :) I weigh 186, and wanna get down to about 160. I think...

I don't look like I weigh what I weigh so I'm not really sure how much weight to lose, i'll just stop when I'm happy i guess. **** what the scale says.
  • rebecca_d35
    rebecca_d35 Posts: 131
    Options
    5'10" and 156 here. Aiming to be under 150. There's a whole group for tall women here: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/109-tall-women

Lots of info there on where to buy long pants and giant shoes, commiseration on always weighing more than our friends, etc.
  • GdeVries
    GdeVries Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    there are plenty on here. I'm 6 ft (feel free to add me)

also here's some groups:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/90-totally-tall-women-of-mfp
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/109-tall-women

GOOD LUCK!
  • FITFORT
    FITFORT Posts: 85
    Options
    I'm 5'11" :)

I've lost 46 pounds so far... striving for 52, but it is SLOW now!!!!!
  • cadigirl25
    Options
    I'm 6'1

Just started using this site and getting serious about losing weight. Hoping to lose at least 50 pounds.

Feel free to add me :)
  • JAYNEROCKS310
    JAYNEROCKS310 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    My name is Melissa. I'm new to this site, i'm 5'11 and currently 240 ... Struggling to get myself down to 150. Add me as a friend would love the support.
  • sportytalldoll
    sportytalldoll Posts: 208 Member
    Options

I don't look like I weigh what I weigh so I'm not really sure how much weight to lose, i'll just stop when I'm happy i guess. **** what the scale says.

AMEN!!! I dont look like what I weigh either and for that I AM SO THANKFUL! **** what the scale says!!
  • laceylucas86
    laceylucas86 Posts: 120
    Options
    I am 6 foot 2 and 188 lbs, I was 180 before my son was born and 165 when I met my husband 3 years ago, If I could get down to 175 and get toned up that is my goal!
  • gallerygirl21
    gallerygirl21 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Add me! I am 5'11'' and weigh 199 right now after 2 kids in 22 months. I plan to get back to 175 and then take it from there.
  • jnh17
    jnh17 Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'11 and also around 178. I think the only way I could lose 30lbs is cutting off a leg though!
  • pamelak5
    pamelak5 Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    5'11" and goal is 190 :) I was 195 once and thought I looked pretty awesome - I agree with jnh, with my bodytype, I could only get to 150 by cutting off a leg :)
  • gallerygirl21
    gallerygirl21 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    5'11" and goal is 190 :) I was 195 once and thought I looked pretty awesome - I agree with jnh, with my bodytype, I could only get to 150 by cutting off a leg :)

I agree with that! If I were 150, I'd probably be hospitalized!
  • rainwalkerSK
    Options
    I'm 5'11 and 185. My ticker says that I'm trying to get down to 150, but I don't know how true that is. I'm very pear-shaped and I'd like to be in a size 8, so I don't know what weight I need to get to for that to happen, and I don't know how emaciated my top half will look once I get there.
  • tckldpnk
    tckldpnk Posts: 6
    Options
    Do I still count? I'm exactly 5 foot 10! I am currently 171lbs and looking to lose up to 20lbs, but I would be happy with 10 or 15. I don't look my size, but I always tell people that the height creates the illusion of me being more slim than I really am, lol. I'm looking for MFPals who are about the same height/weight and looking to lose a similar amount for support and motivation. Add me!
  • jnh17
    jnh17 Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    This was me around 182. I'm doing NROL4W and this was a few weeks ago.

70j91w.jpg
  • lvpthemvp
    lvpthemvp Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    Hi! I wish! Lol. Unless you mean in heels! 5'7"