Serious Ques That Sounds "Unbelievable"...

Options
13»

Replies

• ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    Eat more than near starvation > refill glycogen stores > glycogen stores water > hey presto gained weight.
  • luvinlife2012
    luvinlife2012 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Have you calculated your BMR ? I was not eating enough calories either. Once you know your bmr, you can adjust your caloric intake bases on your level of activity. Hope that helps. It really made a difference for me. Also, do go just by the scale. What are the non scale victories?
  • PayneAS
    PayneAS Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    Have you calculated your BMR ? I was not eating enough calories either. Once you know your bmr, you can adjust your caloric intake bases on your level of activity. Hope that helps. It really made a difference for me.

She did already. it was 1900.
  • nsblue
    nsblue Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    i am under a docs supervision... n have been on 600 -1200 cal at different points along my journey. there has been stalls n plateaus n i can say now nearing my goal weight ...it has slowed..has its spells but in keeping honest on portions n what i eat n exercising...the weight continues to come off... n not just a pound a week...its usually more. knowing your body n how food affects it works for me. in the last 4 days i have lost almost 4 pounds... n heck i even had a small cinnamon roll lol... my logs say a little over a 1000 cals a day but honestly with the big spoon of peanut butter lol or an extra piece of cheeze etc i know it is 1200 cal easy. i walk approx 10K a day, lift some weights, drink my water and never am tired n full of energy. i use to stress out alot on what this n that etc etc...but i found it more valuable to watch everything that i ate , watched my weight daily...watched how much exercise and watched the results learned from it. what i do may be different from someone else...but...its working for me.

hope you can find what works for you.
  • Jesse_Hunter
    Jesse_Hunter Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Wow, This is all so ellaborate and unnessesarily complicated.

Eat real food.

Exercise.

Learn.

Become your own doctor.

https://www.icallthisliving.com
  • freckledrats
    freckledrats Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    ^^^^^

YES.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    I agree with what most of the posters said previously. What I have to add is asking what you have your daily activity level set at? Sedentary? If you don't have it set at sedentary and you are logging and eating back exercise calories, that would be a problem. Anything above sedentary already accounts for exercise so you'd be eating your exercise calories twice.

No it does not. The MFP settings are for non exercise calories i.e. your daily activity and needs to take into account your activity for your job, household chores, running around after kids etc.